Purchase A & B Stone, and a Canal

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Great going, Guy. This location offers a great one-two punch (history and natural beauty); I can't wait to read the article you compose for the front page. It's a shame the video files are so large. I could take an hour of that dam -- it's so beautiful and peaceful.

Guess I'll just have to plow my way back. :)

I can make it smaller. I just like the larger size. I will post a smaller video soon.

I made it in my car to the same place you and Al did. If you have a pickup without 4x4 I would be concerned and not try it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What time of day was that Guy? No chigs?

Did you want to duck your head under? I would have.

That was about 10AM to 11AM. It was not too bad at that time of day. To get there we had to walk the canal which was pretty muddy. Jessica just wore sneakers :)

IMG_2903.JPG

I was really perplexed on this. That area is quite remote and the roads in the area are all blocked off, so I was quite surprised to be walking down a trail miles from anywhere and find an air conditioner.

IMG_2877.JPG

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That AC is odd.

Remember that time we found the tricyle way the hell out in the pine plains?

remember that old tire we found Bob, behind that bog off of route 70 out in the middle of the woods. We guessed it was from the 30's.

Nice report Guy, I am looking forward to article.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
remember that old tire we found Bob, behind that bog off of route 70 out in the middle of the woods. We guessed it was from the 30's.

I do remember that. Just 4 weeks ago I was way out on a tributary of the Chamberlin Branch. Way the hell out there in the middle of nowhere I found a cart with two large bicycle tires. It looked like it was pulled by dogs. I just stood there looking at it, dumbfounded. It was at least 400 yards from a dirt road, and that road was little used.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Guy,
I saw that AC when out there with Bill but didn't know what it was and really didn't check it out very well.
finding 140 year old wood under the water was really a nice find.do you think it was cedar?That stuff lasts forever when underwater.
Al

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I do remember that. Just 4 weeks ago I was way out on a tributary of the Chamberlin Branch. Way the hell out there in the middle of nowhere I found a cart with two large bicycle tires. It looked like it was pulled by dogs. I just stood there looking at it, dumbfounded. It was at least 400 yards from a dirt road, and that road was little used.

Roughly in the same category as that five-gallon can of paint thinner out at Calico.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am bringing this old thread back to life because Jessica and I have been spending quite a bit of time looking for property corners around the Augustus Richards canal. Unfortunately, we have come up empty so far. It is a little early so in a month or so we should do better. Anyway, today we visited various locations along the canal and at one location Jessica discovered a leaf bug. We continued on and on the way back I forgot about it and walked right through the bush it was in. Jessica noticed it had attached to me.

IMG_1091a.jpg