Remains found in Crowleytown Schoolhouse

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Why suddenly I am getting email links to the Atlantic City Press, I don't know. But today their was an article that showed up telling a story about a mullica township man finding some odd petrified mummy like animal in the wall of the Crowleytown School. No one can figure out what the remains are. They are linking it to the Jersey Devil. It showed a picture with a discription, I have no idea what it is. Don't know how to get the link up here so it can be viewed, sorry, but does anyone know anything about this?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Here you go: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/top_three/story/7513234p-7411796c.html

Looks like more of the usual Halloween "news"....

845-Mullica%20Creature_001.jpg

TrailOtter

Explorer
Nov 24, 2007
well, here's my two cents - it looks kinda like a deformed snapping turtle - sans shell and back legs

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Yes, I am going with turtle. Not sure if it's a snapping turtle though. It's hard to tell from that angle, but it looks like it has a blunter head than a snapper.
If it were the Jersey Devil, it would probably be a lot bigger. :)

TrailOtter

Explorer
Nov 24, 2007
Yes, I am going with turtle. Not sure if it's a snapping turtle though. It's hard to tell from that angle, but it looks like it has a blunter head than a snapper.
If it were the Jersey Devil, it would probably be a lot bigger. :)

:D good point - of course just add a little "liquid imagination" ;-) :guinness: