Who needs GPS? Barnegat Lighthouse to shine again after 82 years

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I am already there! Well not FRM but right on the spot. I just left a voicemail this afternoon with the contact at the Barnegat light Historical Society of which I is a member. Just making sure all is still set to go with them.
We are actually making an afternoon of it with dinner on the island and a good spot to watch it fire up. I stated this on a previous thread, sorry. This is good stuff and yes navigation today is superb but I wouldn't sell a lighthouse short for a hardened mariner if all else failed. They are the true sentinels of a time forgotten.
I here cold weather abounds that day. Perfect!
Hope to see a few of you there, if by luck or chance.

g.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Or New Years night! Count me in.
Bill

I must attain your number so that we shall finally meet...so I can smash your camera before you defile the dignity of the lighthouse.
A joke sir, I imagine your regular photo skills and your enhancements will be a treat.
I am in fear of being humbled by your presence oh king of the surreal and secretive.

g.

Oh crud, I just realized you meant FRM.
Another time for our fateful meeting I suppose.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
I must attain your number so that we shall finally meet...so I can smash your camera before you defile the dignity of the lighthouse.
A joke sir, I imagine your regular photo skills and your enhancements will be a treat.
I am in fear of being humbled by your presence oh king of the surreal and secretive.

g.

Oh crud, I just realized you meant FRM.
Another time for our fateful meeting I suppose.

I'll leave my camera home when I visit the lighthouse, or if I take in the Forked River Mountain view. :) I do want to see it, though. I'm not down at East Point too much, but when I am, the beacon instills such a feeling of calm, peace. And it'll be quite an honor to shake that hand, Mr. Largo.

Can somebody forward me the lighthouse's coordinates, so I can create a way point on my GPS? Heh-heh.

Bill

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
We'll be on the north side of inlet, driving the truck down the beach to the jetty. Hoping to get some good pix, weather permitting. The light is supposed to be lit at dusk, with bagpipers playing before hand, around 3-3:30 I think. Sure hope the wind holds down and a tiny bit of fog rolls in.

Nothing like a lit lighthouse :D

Cape May Light.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/25/58567971_c072979cce_o.jpg

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I'll leave my camera home when I visit the lighthouse, or if I take in the Forked River Mountain view. :) I do want to see it, though. I'm not down at East Point too much, but when I do, the beacon instills such a feeling of calm, peace. And it'll be quite an honor to shake that hand, Mr. Largo.

Can somebody forward me the lighthouse's coordinates, so I can create a way point on my GPS? Heh-heh.

Bill

39.76425° N
74.10622° W

Heh Heh

lgench

Explorer
Jan 19, 2005
Bristol, PA
Notice

To anyone going to LBI on Thursday. Watch your speed! As I worked on LBI for 18 years, I am quite sure the radar guns will be out in full force!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Hard to believe it is just 100 watts. I make more wattage than that just walking around touching metal in my house :D

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
My business is such that I deal with a lot of lamps and lamp technology.
(I hate when folks say bulb)
A bulb is something you plant in the ground.
Lamp technology is astounding today and when coupled with proper photometric design can do incredible things.
It really is cool to see the lighthouse lit though.
If they lit a candle up there I'd be tickled!

g.