Ivory-Billed Woodpecker and $50 Grand

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Hey all you nature-nuts (whoops, that's me, too!)

Underemployed?
Unemployed?
Need $50,000?????

Go to this link to see how you can make some dough just by sighting the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker in La. !!!!

Keep us up to date on your progress. I'll split the money with you if you need the $$ for airfare!

http://www.nature.org/ivorybill/search/art26904.html :):dance::clint:

So what are you waiting for? Gitter done!!!!

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
I have an uncle who is in his 70's and swears he seen one at Friendship back in the 60's. He knows his birds very well. I wrote a segment of it in my Friendship book where it contains alot about nature and what once thrived there.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I have an uncle who is in his 70's and swears he seen one at Friendship back in the 60's. He knows his birds very well. I wrote a segment of it in my Friendship book where it contains alot about nature and what once thrived there.

Uh Oh, once word gets out, the Pines will be over run with birders seeking fame and fortune :D

Now, just where exactly, did he see it......

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Ancient Range of Ivory-billed Woodpecker

See Cornell's link below for more info about the IBW's range. New Jersey is not included in the historic range, but who knows, maybe thousands of years ago? Archeological findings in Native Peoples sites are not considered representative of its range since the skull was valued in trading and would have been traded from tribe to tribe outside of its range.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Ivory-billed_Woodpecker_dtl.html#range

Also, for 2009, Cornell is sending a team to Southwest Florida where the IBW once occured. All the features that would sustain a population are there: an abundance of isolated old growth trees (black mangove--never timbered there and cypress), abundance of beetle larvae and many areas of standing dead timber---ultimately a pristine area barely touched or explored by mankind and hopefully a place to find the IBW.

tom m

Explorer
Jan 9, 2006
Hammonton,NJ.
Ok Furball!!!!! Now we have to go there to when i get down there , Phew !! I need 10 extra days !!! wonder if they'll give them to me LOL!!! As if the pileated Wasn't enough Now I have to go on a trek to find the Ivory Billed with ya ..!!

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
That's Possible!

Ok Furball!!!!! Now we have to go there to when i get down there , Phew !! I need 10 extra days !!! wonder if they'll give them to me LOL!!! As if the pileated Wasn't enough Now I have to go on a trek to find the Ivory Billed with ya ..!!

OK Tom, that's possible, very possible, it's more than a 250 mile trip one way, but like I said, definitely in the realm of possiblities. The Gator's will be active, so are you sure you want to walk or canoe with 18 footers?