swimming

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
does anyone have any good idea for lakes that are nice and swimmable?

I used to love to swim at Harrisville Lake, drops deep not far from the launch area, cold water down deep, hard sandy bottom, and nice and clean. Also the sand quarry pond on the left as you get into Menantico FWMA, but not sure if you are "allowed". All the streams have areas you can swim in where the bottom is hard and sandy, usually where the current picks up at a hairpin curve or the like. Have fun and keep cool!

Deitz

Aug 6, 2009
Delanco, NJ
I remember Oswego always being a pretty decent place to take the family. Does anybody know whether that's still the case?

Apr 30, 2009
I used to love to swim at Harrisville Lake, drops deep not far from the launch area, cold water down deep, hard sandy bottom, and nice and clean. Also the sand quarry pond on the left as you get into Menantico FWMA, but not sure if you are "allowed". All the streams have areas you can swim in where the bottom is hard and sandy, usually where the current picks up at a hairpin curve or the like. Have fun and keep cool!

DO NOT GO TO MENANTICO WMA or any WMA to swim!!!!! I got busted for being down there. You can't swim anywhere unless it is designated as a swimming area. And the quarry pond is PRIVATE PROPERTY....they will charge you for trespassing. Just to let you know!

Take care and be careful!

bushwacker

Scout
May 18, 2009
port republic
constable bridge

Constable bridge on the mullica is a great swimming hole,
and there are a number of easily accessable beaches downstream from there to pleasant mills

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
DO NOT GO TO MENANTICO WMA or any WMA to swim!!!!! I got busted for being down there. You can't swim anywhere unless it is designated as a swimming area. And the quarry pond is PRIVATE PROPERTY....they will charge you for trespassing. Just to let you know!

Take care and be careful!

"Freedom's just another word for something else to lose." Here in my little town there's a sign: "Swim at your own risk." I love signs like that. :rofl: