Cranberry Fest and Batsto Country Living Fair

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Well,
When I spoke to Terry, she said, The Batsto fair was on, rain or shine, with no rain date. I suppose to correlate these events withthe many other fall goings on leaves no room for flexibility. especially with artists, display persons, and historical equipment presenters. I plan to try but I have all three kids with my wife away this weekend. It worked fine last year same weekend but with nice weather. If I do go, hope to see someone.

g.

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
Disappointing. We had a caravan of about 12 people (mostly children) going this year. It's a yearly event we all look forward to attending. I think I'm going to swing over there today anyway. I'll report back and let everybody know how many vendors and people are there this year.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I stopped going to the cranberry festival years ago when it seemed to be drifting away from anything to do with cranberries. I don’t know if it has improved. I’d go to Batsto’s event if it wasn’t for the weather. My indoor chores have been adding up and this seems like a good weekend for them

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The Batsto Fair has been canceled. I was there this morning at the visitors center when the word was going around to the employees.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I passed thru Chatsworth around Noon on a donut run. Quite a few people around, not much rain, more of a mist. Even more on the return trip.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I passed thru Chatsworth around Noon on a donut run. Quite a few people around, not much rain, more of a mist. Even more on the return trip.

I will be going tomorrow morning.

Guy

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
Got there around 1:30 this afternoon and it was raining fairly steady. All the dirt roads on the site were pretty muddy. Saw a lot of long faces on the vendors. A few were already packing it in and some that I spoke to said if the weather was the same tomorrow, they wouldn't be back on Sunday.

I would say there was maybe 2/3 the normal amount of vendors there, but probably only about 1/3 the usual amount of food vendors near the music pavilion, and no lines at all for food. The chairs they set up in front of the band and all the picnic tables were soaking wet and not a very attractive place to sit and eat.

Definitely not a good day for kids. Outside of the Pony Rides they didn't have the usual kids amusements you find every year at this festival.

I'm still happy I went. Got a big box of cranberries to jar some cranberry sauce, a few pairs of sunglasses, and a bottle of shampoo that's so big I can use it for a pickle barrel when I'm done with it.

Drove by the festival site again around 6:30pm on my way back home and noticed that most of the tents were still up, which I assume means those vendors will all be back on Sunday. If you go, bring some rain gear or an umbrella and watch where you step.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Old Crazy,

Thank you for that information. I believe we will still be going because of reading your post.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We just returned. There were still vendors there but some of them were packing up to go. We acquired some wine and free cranberry drinks and saw a few people we know.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica bought it. She has one for herself and one for the family Thanksgiving dinner. She buys one every year for that holiday. My mother-in-law loves when she does that.

BTW, she was not asked for her license this year. I guess she is looking old :D

Guy

BroomCollector

Oct 18, 2009
Batsto Country Living Fair

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum. I was disapointed when I called this morning and found out the fair was cancelled with no raindate. I feel bad for all the vendors that took the time to make the crafts. The guy on the phone told me they were already planning next years event. On October 25th do they have vendors there as well? Or is it just a Halloween thing for the kids?