The Lure of the Land - A photographic journey through the pine barrens, New Jersey’s

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Hazlet, Monmouth County, NJ
Yesterday at Atsion

5247864704_e23d28c835_z.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

Bachman,

Just to let you know that location is private property unless they have sold it to the state recently. Exactly 8 years ago today I took the below photo not long after the place burned down. We were on an outing from a different website at the time. It is .1722 acres in size.

chimney.JPG

Guy

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Ooops!

Bachman,

Just to let you know that location is private property unless they have sold it to the state recently. Exactly 8 years ago today I took the below photo not long after the place burned down. We were on an outing from a different website at the time. It is .1722 acres in size.

chimney.JPG

Guy
Guy,
I had no idea. I saw the posted signs, but they seemed to be a hair beyond this property. I don't recall any on the short road in. I'm not one to trespass, so I'm feeling a bit guilty about this shot now.

Thank you for the information. Do you know what the structure was?
-Chase

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy,
I had no idea. I saw the posted signs, but they seemed to be a hair beyond this property. I don't recall any on the short road in. I'm not one to trespass, so I'm feeling a bit guilty about this shot now.

Thank you for the information. Do you know what the structure was?
-Chase

I did not want you to feel guilty, I just wanted to let you know. As you see I was there also and did not know until I got there. I was with a group who just navigated to that location. I don't think any of us knew.

I really don't know what it was. I believe years ago someone posted that info but I may be wrong.

Guy

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
More Details

"Join us at PPA for the exhibit opening of The Lure of the Land: A photographic journey through the Pine Barrens, New Jersey's diverse wilderness of culture and ecology. The work of photographer Chase Schiefer can be viewed here: http:www.fluidr.com/photos/bachmansivory. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of Mr. Schiefer's work will be donated to PPA. Musical entertainment for the afternoon will be courtesy of the "old-timey..." band Piney Hollow Drifters, who will also be selling copies of their latest CD. Light refreshments will be served. The Pinelands Visitor Center, offering Pinelands-related books, apparel, and other merchandise, will also be open during the program. FREE. No RSVP required."

Sunday 1-3PM Feb 13th

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Holy crap your work is cool!
I've been off forum too long.
Good stuff man.
We really are fortunate to have so many great photo dues on this sight.
The couple others that I think rock need no naming. They stand out.
Even the laypersons here get some really nice stuff and share it.
Keep doing what you're doing. It is a gift.

g.

Bachman's Ivory

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Holy crap your work is cool!
I've been off forum too long.
Good stuff man.
We really are fortunate to have so many great photo dues on this sight.
The couple others that I think rock need no naming. They stand out.
Even the laypersons here get some really nice stuff and share it.
Keep doing what you're doing. It is a gift.

g.

Thanks Largo! Very kind of you. I feel very fortunate that I'm able to share my work in such a way.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will look at it tonight when I get home from work.

Guy