Eastern Cougar Sighting

Old Crazy

Explorer
Oct 13, 2007
Stinking Creek, NJ
I was hiking about two miles south of Apple Pie Hill a few weeks ago when there was still snow on the ground and I came upon some very large cat paw prints. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me to take a picture. If they were made by a bobcat, that was one big bobcat.

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
I was hiking about two miles south of Apple Pie Hill a few weeks ago when there was still snow on the ground and I came upon some very large cat paw prints. Unfortunately I did not have my camera with me to take a picture. If they were made by a bobcat, that was one big bobcat.

Someone else on this site said they have seen one right in that area (can't remember who), I think they said it was near Friendship. I personally believe that they very well could be out there but in small numbers. The experts say it is extinct, but how many times do you hear about them finding a species that was long thought to be extinct? There are plenty of deer for them to eat and water to drink.

JerseyJK07

Scout
Jan 10, 2010
Someone else on this site said they have seen one right in that area (can't remember who), I think they said it was near Friendship. I personally believe that they very well could be out there but in small numbers. The experts say it is extinct, but how many times do you hear about them finding a species that was long thought to be extinct? There are plenty of deer for them to eat and water to drink.

That would be me. I saw them in september on Caranza road just passed the monument a short distance. and yes i said them! there was two! chasing a doe.