1/4 mile update

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
not to bring this crap up again but from what i been hearing the rangers were back last night (saturday) arresting people .... so for all its worth stuffs actually being done

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
not to bring this crap up again but from what i been hearing the rangers were back last night (saturday) arresting people .... so for all its worth stuffs actually being done

Well, if they were doing illegal activities then the authorities were just doing their job and you have to applaud that. I know a few people who don't do this type of activity that were concerned about going anywhere near there for fear they would get caught up in it.

Guy

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
I saw park police back there around 9:30 am. I'll be honest I'm somewhat afraid to go back there for the same reasons Guy mentioned. I do have permit to study species back there but not sure that would help.

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Well, if they were doing illegal activities then the authorities were just doing their job and you have to applaud that. I know a few people who don't do this type of activity that were concerned about going anywhere near there for fear they would get caught up in it.

Guy
yea i know what you mean , im actually nervous just going anywhere near wharton in general right now in any type of vehicle , whatever exactly happend back 1/4 mile last night i have no idea, i just know rangers were there and tickets and or arrests were made/issued ,maybe with that being done and once that word gets out it will keep alot of morons away from wharton period

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
yea i know what you mean , im actually nervous just going anywhere near wharton in general right now in any type of vehicle , whatever exactly happend back 1/4 mile last night i have no idea, i just know rangers were there and tickets and or arrests were made/issued ,maybe with that being done and once that word gets out it will keep alot of morons away from wharton period

There really is no reason to keep anyone away, it just would be nice to keep them off the lowland vegetation and from damaging anything else.

Guy

dragoncjo

Piney
Aug 12, 2005
camden county
You hope park police can make the distinction between the two. I go back there to study the population of a species back there and would hate to get ticketed when I'm just using the roads as simple access. I do know with looking for 'other' things in the pines a distinction between good guys and bad guys is difficult to make for fish and game.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We all need to be very careful. If you go back there in a 4x4 you may be targeted. Also, it has been discussed with me that there may even be concerns about driving around the tree that is down across the road. Going around it has damaged the vegetation around it and who know what they might do if they see you travel there. It is upland so there should not be a problem but who knows.

Gu

Gruf

Jun 24, 2010
I have never been back to the 1/4 mile, but I have heard about it and really want to go back there and see what it is like. Now with all this talk I don't want to go back there for risk of getting in trouble. My understanding is that as long as you stay on established roads you are not going to get in any trouble. So why if you go back there, and you stay on the paths, are you going to get ticketed?

I just don't see the issue with anyone being able, who is respectful of their surroundings, be able to go back and enjoy certain areas.

So I know I got off on a little rant, but what are the chances that if I go there, and stay on the path, that I will get a ticket.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Please refer to the other two posts in the "1/4mile appreciation" section of this forum. After reading all 63659 pages you will find yourself not only more educated on every aspect of 1/4 mile but also ready to turn yourself into Ancora.:D

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
The fact that people are being ticketed/whatever else for their actions needs to be spread on the sites that promoted all of the visitors in recent years. As I often say while stuck in southbound traffic on Rte 42 on a Friday-summer afternoon........"Please stay out of my state!"

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
I have never been back to the 1/4 mile, but I have heard about it and really want to go back there and see what it is like. Now with all this talk I don't want to go back there for risk of getting in trouble. My understanding is that as long as you stay on established roads you are not going to get in any trouble. So why if you go back there, and you stay on the paths, are you going to get ticketed?

I just don't see the issue with anyone being able, who is respectful of their surroundings, be able to go back and enjoy certain areas.

So I know I got off on a little rant, but what are the chances that if I go there, and stay on the path, that I will get a ticket.

Park before the RR tracks and walk back

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
Great

Maybe Jemima Mt will be next.

See I knew this was gonna happen , it's gonna be never ending and you will never be satisfied , once one area that you complain about gets something done with you will target down on more and more areas , jemima mt isn't all that except for a few ruts on the hill but the area itself it's free of liter and for the most part no destruction of excisting vegatation , I was back just not that long ago after one of the storms hit and you could clearly see a path of a tornado that took so many trees down I couldn't even beleive , I'll post some pics of that , maybe you can control the weather from destructing the woods too if you bitch enough

Kim

Feb 28, 2009
See I knew this was gonna happen , it's gonna be never ending and you will never be satisfied , once one area that you complain about gets something done with you will target down on more and more areas , jemima mt isn't all that except for a few ruts on the hill but the area itself it's free of liter and for the most part no destruction of excisting vegatation , I was back just not that long ago after one of the storms hit and you could clearly see a path of a tornado that took so many trees down I couldn't even beleive , I'll post some pics of that , maybe you can control the weather from destructing the woods too if you bitch enough

I was wondering who would continue the douche fest. You don't disappoint, toy.

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
It’s such a shame that threads dealing with important issues are increasingly ending up on the slag pile because people can’t just attack someone’s stances without attacking them. Maybe Ben should bring in Jerry Springer to assist in moderating when it gets out of hand.

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
You're welcome! Who am I to say anything? that's a good question. Who are you to say anything?

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything out of line , pineslover is a never ending complainer that I'm sure your aware of from previous posts , I didn't start this thread to start Drama bullshit I started to make everyone aware including PL that something is finally being done about 1/4 mile , it's not about other areas or other persons opinions on other areas it's simply just an effort to aware people about 1/4 mile only if you want to talk smack or complain about other areas start a new thread on that

devilstoy

Explorer
Nov 21, 2008
lindenwold
You're welcome! Who am I to say anything? that's a good question. Who are you to say anything?

Wow it's pretty awesome people can PM me and talk smack , why don't you just say it on here ? I'll meet anyone anytime if you got problem with me , some people might not like my opions but I say it openly that's a forum is for isn't it ? I neve trashed anyone on here , pl can be annoying but everyone is entitled to say what they wanna say

Status
Not open for further replies.