1939 Blue Comet Wreck Photo's on Ebay

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
I had heard that an owner of an existing excursion railroad in Vermont was looking at creating one at Chatsworth. This was about a year ago and I haven't been able to get down there since.

Has anyone seen work being performed on the tracks near Chatsworth? I heard that some trees were removed around the tracks.

Ken

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Ken,

I don't think you will ever see any trains in Chatsworth again. The right of way must have been lost since the line was abandoned. I am almost certain they would not let it pass through the Parker Preserve.

The trees were cut on Carranza road at the tracks for a short distance heading toward Chatsworth.

Guy

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
TeeGate said:
Ken,

I don't think you will ever see any trains in Chatsworth again. The right of way must have been lost since the line was abandoned. I am almost certain they would not let it pass through the Parker Preserve.

The trees were cut on Carranza road at the tracks for a short distance heading toward Chatsworth.

Guy

I wonder why they were cut? As far as never riding there again, we thought about the same with the DL&W Cut-off and that looks like it may happen (against the Nimby's wishes) after being abandoned for over twenty years.

I guess that having a preserve there would kill any chance of an excursion rail.

Oh, well

Ken

strom

Scout
Apr 24, 2004
barnegat. nj
carranza to atsion

thirty years ago,when my legs were younger.........i often hiked the tracks from friendship to atsion...........at that time the trees on the tracks were about two feet high...............the last time l looked they were almost tenfeet high and obliterating the tracks.................it would be nice from a hiking standpoint if they did clear the tracks.............probably lead to more litter though.................i hope you young fellas are using my recommendation to bring a plastic bag for litter when hiking the back barrens..........press on,strom

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
strom said:
thirty years ago,when my legs were younger.........i often hiked the tracks from friendship to atsion...........at that time the trees on the tracks were about two feet high...............the last time l looked they were almost tenfeet high and obliterating the tracks.................it would be nice from a hiking standpoint if they did clear the tracks.............probably lead to more litter though.................i hope you young fellas are using my recommendation to bring a plastic bag for litter when hiking the back barrens..........press on,strom

A rail-to-trail would be nice.

Ken