206 Bridge Construction

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I visited the bridges they are replacing along 206 near Parkdale to photograph the construction efforts. I noticed that it appears you can still see the concrete foundations from the previous bridge that had to have been before the 1930s I would assume.

IMG_2549.JPG

BTW, I would suggest you not go there. It is really dangerous to walk around. It was quiet today in the morning because of the holiday but at any other time you really should not be there.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
If you go underneath the Route 47 Bridge over manumuskin Creek you will see the old lime abutments from the Covered bridge that existed there about 150 years ago.They used the old abutments in a new steel bridge and then the now present Highway bridge which is the only one I remember.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I visited the bridges they are replacing along 206 near Parkdale to photograph the construction efforts. I noticed that it appears you can still see the concrete foundations from the previous bridge that had to have been before the 1930s I would assume.

IMG_2549.JPG

BTW, I would suggest you not go there. It is really dangerous to walk around. It was quiet today in the morning because of the holiday but at any other time you really should not be there.
Its going to be very dangerous travel in that stretch for a long time. I came through there in the dark Saturday night and the lane shifts are dicey and there is no other lighting in that area.