Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Posted by request of Linda Stanton:

2nd Annual BATSTO PIG IRON 5K
5K RUN or WALK, 2 MILE HISTORY WALK, KIDS’ DASHES

9:00 AM Sunday, August 12, 2007

Historic Batsto Village in Wharton State Forest

RACE DAY REGISTRATION/PACKET PICKUP: 7:30 –8:45 AM

5K COURSE: USATF-NJ certified; rolling hills on scenic paved road.

5K AWARDS: Top overall male & female, open & masters, and top 3 in 5-year age groups from 14 & younger to 80 & older. No duplicates.

HISTORY WALK: The non-competitive History Walk is on hard-packed sand through Historic Batsto Village. Set your own pace as you search for Batsto’s Piggery! :pigfly:

KIDS’ DASHES: For ages 2 to 11; various distances from 25 to 250 yards.

AMENITIES: Batsto Pig Iron T-Shirt and goodie bags guaranteed for all pre-registered runners and walkers and kids. Random raffle drawings after the race. Refreshments for all participants! Unique prizes for all in Kids’ Dashes.

ENTRY FEES: 5K Run or Walk pre-registration $20 by Aug. 7; $18 for USATF members; $25 for all after Aug. 7 and on day of race. History Walk: $15 pre/post. Kids’ Dashes: $7 pre/post.

Proceeds to promote the quality of outdoor experience and to maintain the historical significance of Wharton State Forest.

Sponsored by the Batsto Citizens Committee, Inc., a qualified tax exempt organization under Sec. 501(c)(3) of the IRS and registered as a NJ State Charitable Organization.

INFORMATION: Call 866-841-9139, EXT 3807
Or www.batstovillage.org
Or email:runBatsto@verizon.net
Register online at: www.Active.com or www.PracticeHard.com

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
Any runners out there going to be there? I couldn't make last years but I think I can make this years.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I HATE pack in, pack out.

Case in point: Allaire State Park. You have to pay to get in. You have to pay to look inside (for real) the historic buildings when they are open. Yet they REFUSE to provide a fricking garbage can anywhere in the park. So, if you're visiting the soda machine or the hot dog cart in the park, you have to either run back to your car and leave your trash there, or carry it around in one of those stupid yellow bags the entire time you're there.

Whomever is in charge of Allaire State Park is really, in my opinion, ruining the place.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is an incentive to leave your trash. They have to provide trash containers if they sell food or drink.

Guy