360 Panorama

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I know Guy. My only alternative is to put the panos that are screwed up on photosynth.Once I fix them by cloning in Gimp which actually does a nice job then I can no longer upload them to Photosynth.If the files are too big then don't bother.If you wish to see them I always save the finished jpeg even though I trash the 50 some images it takes to make each one.I can always save them up and throw them on a cd and send them to you or pass them over on a stone hunt or cache them in the barrens somewhere.
Al

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I will try again tonight. After it downloaded I could not find the file on my computer. I had left the room so maybe the download stopped and it never downloaded.

Guy

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Al, I have no problem downloading and viewing them, it took less than a minute. I know I haven't responded to your thread before but I have been following it with great interest. Not only does the panorama add dimension to your pictures but your locations are spectacular, you have a good eye. Now for the curse, if you could render your last pan in HDR it would be beyond spectacular.

Ed

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I have done small panos like three exposures in HDR and it did look good but the panos you see are between 100 and 170 megs in size and it makes my computer sweat to open them and touch them up.Imagine just three exposures of each shot times 52 to 54 shots.your talking roughly 450 megs or more per pano.My computer would have a Disk attack on the spot.I think 360 hdrs are out of my league till i get a much much meaner machine.also the time it would take would negate me doing this except on the stillest and blandest of days.even cutting my timer to two seconds instead of ten it still takes me about six minutes to shoot a 360.You know how many times the sun and clouds can change your conditions in six minutes and you can't change your settings or it screws up the pano and makes it harder for the software to stitch.Now if I had a big fish eye lens and shoot a 360 in 6 to 8 shots that would make 20 or so for an hdr pano.that would be doable but I do not have it and they claim the regular lens that i have shoots better quality panos but brings forth the host of problems I already mentioned..It's fast an easy with less quality or slow and hard with better quality.I could also downsize each photo but this would cut way down on the resolution when you zoom in the pano.
I know a bog in FPP that I may do a smaller horizontal hdr pano in the future.I'd like a 360 but there will be so much sky at that location I know it will screw the stitcher up so i may settle for a straight pano and hdr it.
Al
PS
glad to here the downloads are working for someone.I know Guy uses Mac and it can be a pain for him to locate programs in mac that duplicate what I've listed above.Just tired of posting crappy panos on photosynth with holes in them.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com

Aha! This one came out perfect so i can post this the easy way. No doctoring was necessary. This is one of many farming households of the Baileytown area which is now in the Millville (Bevan) WMA.These households were bought out by the state (no doubt eminent domained out) so that the area could be used for target practice for the war from the Millville Airport. Visible in the pano is the main cellar hole.If you were to look down in it there is some wall present.It appears to be made of rock with a heavy coating of mortar spread over that.In the other direction you'll notice an iron casing.It appears to be a well?? In any case it has water in it though it appears to be filled by rain since it is at surface level and the water table is not that close to the surface here.There were a half a dozen frogs in it as I walked up.They can get out by sticks that appear to be placed in it probably for them by someone with a frog heart.They dove in so fast I could not tell species but judging by the size either small leopards or somewhat large wood frogs.That far from another water source probably wood frogs.​
39.33939° N
75.10943° W

These are the coords to the spot for anyone who might be interested in Historical aerialing it.It is a very serene place and since the state gated the road through the field maybe 15 years ago there is never anyone out here except occasionally during hunting season.The red cedars and walnut trees scream
Man was here
and now he's gone,
He left us trees to carry on:)
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
you know i hadn't thought of that.It should turn out well too.No large patches of sky.Perhaps I'll hit it when the fall colors peak in a few weeks or wait till leaf off so You can see more in it.I'd have to take the back door in if you know what I mean:)

scubabruce

Scout
Jul 1, 2011
ATCO, NJ
Yeah, I've taken that back door in - if you have any problems let me know. I know Rob Auermuller, superintendent of the Wharton State Forest (if he's still the superintendent). They'd probably appreciate a copy of the pano.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
haven't got my disability money in yet so taking it easy on gas useage but as soon as I get the means to waste some gas I'll head up to Harrisville and make the pano.Even if it turns out perfect I can still upload it to the larg file site and they can download it and keep it or use it if the choose.
If you search the 360's on Google earth there are some very nice underwater 360's in the south pacific.I forget the exact island groups now but when you find one you'll find a bunch.I think some were around Fiji.Some really nice night sky shots on Reunion.
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
http://emaillargefile.com/getfile.aspx?d=GSS26U2RER0

Rio Grand Graveyard

I had to fix this one so it is a large file download.122 megs.The ground cover is vines and I believe as I hit the shutter and stepped away to try to keep my shadow out of the photo I believe the vines yanked the tripod and created on major stitching error which it won't take a rocket scientist to discover and of course the nadir photos didn't stitch no doubt because very time i shifted to take another nadir shot I was yanking vines around and changing the landscape every shot.I have done this before and if I'm shooting in a viney area need to take a lawn mower with me an mow a bare batch first.
This graveyard is being vandalized.Several years ago there was a nice trail to it and there were more stones.I don't know if stones have been stolen or there are more beyond the big stone covered under massive vine growth now.There is a collapsed and rotted tent barely visible on the ground in photo and I found a rubber pack next to the big stone in photo.Nasty to even think of someone doing the nasty in a graveyard.The large rectangular stone next to the large tree is five feet tall,up to my armpits,the largest stone in the other direction is three feet tall,up to my belt.The few grave stones with descriptions I can read the folks were born in late 1700,s and died in early or mid 1800,s.With a little maintenance this is a real nice spot but it either has been vandalized which i believe so by broken stones or the vines are taking the eastern half of it over.there are still some old cedar fence posts standing.
Al
PS
I just noticed a clone spot on one of the tombstones and another tree stitched wrong.Oh well too much work to redo now.It'll be up for 30 days and then to the big Panocloud in the sky.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looks good Al. It seems almost as if I was there. :) Jessica said she was getting dizzy walking around in circles.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
it wouldn't hurt to get you in the horizontal shots as long as your whole body is in it I can get you several times in the same pano.What looks retarded is if I get a foot or a head or an arm floating around disembodied.I see peoples feet with nothing above the shins in Google earth 360's all the time.That comes from shooting the nadir handheld without a tripod and then forgetting to crop out your feet:)
the bi file fixed is coming up in a few minutes for anyone that wants to see the tulpe pano after it's fixed.
Al
ps
all errors were in the sky which is good.it was solid white since it was overexposed due to having a proper exposure on the surrounding vegetation.All I had to do was clone white sky into the black areas.It looks perfect except for some spots caused by brightness I assume.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
http://emaillargefile.com/getfile.aspx?d=JJZMEPSM3JC

95 megs.Otter Trestle named for the massive amounts of otter poop on the trestle.This used to be one of the best marsh vistas in cumberland county until two cell towers were built on leesburg road and are clearly visible over the trees.I did not like them and cloned them out of existence.I now have the view as it once was. I've been practicing cloning.Hey if the scientists can do it I can too.Don't look too hard at the sky.
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=fd8d57c8-176a-4800-8e2f-f068819a2a30

Aha! a good one that don't have to be played with.just click the link and see it.
West Creek Bog. The contrast in light made this a rough one but I couldn't pass up the chance to catch the cedars in the sunlight.BVut weather to overexpose the cedars to get the rest or underexpose the rest an the expense of the cedars?I tried to compromise.Hope it worked.

This is the original with out being gimped.tell me which looks better.
http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=a6dcf8ad-7d5b-4ddf-a98b-69544cfcf4ce
the medder I think is more washed out in this one but the woods behind you and the road i think looks better.
Al

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
It would be great to see a pano of the Harrisville ruins - just a suggestion.

http://emaillargefile.com/getfile.aspx?d=1U6HUP34SDG

This is a large file 165 megs to a pano of Harrisville just for you Scubabruce.I had to touch up the nadir so i couldn't upload it to photosynth but it is well worth the wait to download and then put it in the FSP viewer that the link to download is above.
Al