5th Annual Lines on the Pines "About Blueberries and Cranberries"

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I had a good time.....a really good time. It was nice to meet (and to be with) all of you.

Terry, "Marble Spung" was even more beautiful than expected. Thank you so very much. I'll cherish that painting forever. I admire your talent very much. I hope to spend more time next year at your presentation table.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Here I go,
First and most important!!! Linda really puts together a nice event and it seems herself and her man really enjoy doing it, and with help of good friends. Regardless of if you are an artist, vendor, performer, writer, a quest, or simply a passer through she deserves praise. Our very honorable table 9 indicator was a lot of fun.
Lynn and I arrived early enough this year to see more of the event itself and I have to say I was very impressed overall with the wealth of talent in the room in every area of Pine Barrens interest. Seeing friendly faces again is warming and it helps to let my wife see this isn't just a bunch of online freaks and wierdos on the other side of the box on the desk. These are real people, most very kind, and interesting. It's safe to say I might actually be the wierdo. John/Baron and Tom, so good to see you again. Now Tom you know the truth about my experiences with flaming events. I am very pleased Guy and Jess opted to stay and Lynn was very taken with Jess and had hoped to speak to her more. It's so hard with a crowd. Karl, great meeting you! You, like John seem to wear a perpetual smile and exhibit cheer. It was so nice to see Budd again, out and about and so animated.
It is starting to be a bit of fun seeing more of the same folks and getting to chat a little about this and that.
Oh Terry, sweetheart you are the best! Lynn and I had a good time with yourself and Glo! I now know that you do not prefer a "dry" glass of wine. I'll keep it in mind. To see the whole of your work at the event was very cool. You've really got the eye girl. Probably a fantastic part for both Lynn and I was to share time with GLO! If a single one of you missed the chance this week to talk, say hi, or hang out with her, you missed a treat. Glo, Lynn loved you and again, fun was had. Jason will be pleased to know you approve of his quote. I'll honor a gift in some fashion for your keeping some of my literary work to yourself. It's a dirty little habit I picked up from Robert. My stuff is more... intellectual though.
Speaking of you Robert, I really do enjoy the occasion to speak to you. Even though you are quite the lout, for some reason my wife thinks you're nice, or really sweet, or some B.S. like that.
Dave, even though it was brief, it was nice to put face to name. Beautiful family dude. MTS, always lurking about snapping shots. You were a great sport last eve' on the passes with me bud. Thanks.
The dinner was an interesting twist, and the speakers each had their own gig. I enjoyed the presentation on the Blueberry aspect quite a bit. The little diddy about the Jersey Devil, well, entertaining piece of music. I'm not sure I got the other music. Anything at all on my part that remotely resembled good behavior would be due to my wonderful wife. If any of you can tell, I am the lucky one of the pair. She got stuck with a real piece of work. So table 9, it was nice to once again be part of the gang.
Lastly and far from least,
My good friend Jerseyman, I wish we had more talk time sir but you are as always, in demand. By now you must just have to accept your celebrity and roll with it. Good speaking on your part and I really wanted to walk up an take a pin to those balloons that kept attacking you. It sounds as though next year will make for a good listen. I hope you have enough material to work with by now.
All in, it was a little time needed to break up some grave sadness with our family dog this weekend. My kids, my wife, and I are having a tough time of it so last night provided some joy. Thank you all.

g.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
It sounds like the dinner event was very enjoyable, if not a bit subdued. :) Glad to hear all had a good time. I must make it a point to attend the dinner next year. But, it was great seeing all the folks from the forum, again. What an amazing bunch of people, with excellent conversation. Karl, it was great meeting you and Ann. I really enjoyed our "little" conversation. Sorry to have missed you and your family, Dave. There will be other events.

Already looking forward to the "Blue Comet" theme of next years event!

John-

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Thanks for all the kind words. For those of you that i did not get to meet, I'm sure we will soon. I definately plan to attend more events and I don't go anywhere without bringing my family along.
One of the key factors of this event is awareness. What may be repeat for some is new for others. I really would like to see more people from my hobby attend next year and maybe it will knock some sense into the hardheaded and keep people out of the foundations and sensitive areas. I have actually decided to make one of my events (mudbogs) a benefit to Lines on the Pines. Taking 20% of entry fees from the trucks, and working with new egypt to get $2 per spectator and donate this to next years event. One of my goals would be $1000. However my main goal would be to get some people from my event to attend and heighten their awareness "Awareness is the key to Success":D
P.s i was hoping to meet Piney Mike so we could discuss politics :rofl:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
...... it helps to let my wife see this isn't just a bunch of online freaks and wierdos on the other side of the box on the desk.

Sounds like she's got me pegged.
:D

We missed you guys and girls.
I did a little getaway weekend to Tilghman Island, MD with the wife, some buddies and their wives. Good weekend for bayside bars.

Hopefully, we will make it to Lines next year.

Scott

kayak karl

Explorer
Sep 18, 2008
Swedesboro, NJ
this was the first event i have been to. what amazed me the most was there were, artists, writers, historians, botanists, crafters, stone finders, 4wheelers, employees and others all drawn together by the pines. go figure that a hiker like me could fit in. Ann and I had a great time and expect more in the future at table 9 :) Thank You to all involved with setting this up.
TY
KK

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
A little late to this thread, but here goes! It was great seeing everybody, at an event that was extremely well planned and produced by Linda, Paul, and everybody else that was involved. It was great seeing both old and new friends, at both the pre-dinner event, and the dinner itself. Anybody thats on the fence about going should seriously consider it; it really is a great event. Where else can you have the honor of sitting next to Budd Wilson and discuss past Mullica River floods, all while in the company of great people, and listening to some homemade Pine Barrens music about the Jersey Devil. That said... and what was said above, yes I took plenty of pictures, and video :). So for those who'd like to see, check out the link and enjoy! I'll be back next year when the Blue Comet makes a stop for the next event.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22516573@N07/sets/72157623658349262/detail/