Vienna Inn Banquet Rooms/ Christina's Restaurant & Bar 609-965-0457
White Horse Pike
Galloway/Egg Harbor City

Days Events 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Free & Open to the Public
Family Style Dinner 4:30-7:30 $30 per person prior to Feb 1st-after $33
Keynotes: Nancy O'Mallon
Ted Gordon
Entertainment Russell Juelg

We are getting more calls and more contacts are being made as this event continues growing. It is even possible that we may have to put a deadline for event registrants. Space is limited.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The most recent poster.

Poster.jpg

Folks:

The “Lines on the Pines” event is still two months away, but Linda informs me she ALREADY has 51 reservations for dinner and the dining room only has max capacity of 125 if she places tables on the dance floor. So, if you have any thoughts about attending the dinner, please do not delay in placing your reservations with Linda:

linesonthepines@comcast.net

Instead of a buffet like last year, this year’s dinner will be family style with food on each table.

I want to see all my friends there, so please get those reservations in very soon!

Best regards,
Jerseyman

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I have been in communication with Linda (She's aces!) and the fair missus and I am on board.
I'll not elaborate tables 'cause one never knows and variety is indeed the spice of life. I only hope to share with old friends. I do offer that I look forward to seeing any and all from here and given our entertainment and demonstrations this year it promises to be worthwhile. I myself will be on my usual finest behavior, setting the standard for proper manners and such while out in the civil world.

g.

I have been in communication with Linda (She's aces!) and the fair missus and I am on board.
I'll not elaborate tables 'cause one never knows and variety is indeed the spice of life. I only hope to share with old friends. I do offer that I look forward to seeing any and all from here and given our entertainment and demonstrations this year it promises to be worthwhile. I myself will be on my usual finest behavior, setting the standard for proper manners and such while out in the civil world.

g.

George:

It will be good to see both you and Lynn there! Numerated cards and balloons always allow for the proper designation of table numbers!

9 :) 9 :) 9 :)9 :) 9 :) 9 :) 9 :) 9 :)

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

I have been informed there are still seats available for the Lines on the Pines dinner. You can contact Linda Stanton at linesonthepines@comcast.net if you would like to attend.

Guy

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
All,

I have been informed there are still seats available for the Lines on the Pines dinner. Guy

Guy,
I take it then you are attending? I was not sure. While I know the crowd thing might not be your cup of tea, I always like seeing you if not just to say hi to a gentleman and Jess is always the lady.

g.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Largo,

As you mention I am not a big fan of large gatherings and much prefer to be in the pines. However, this morning Jessica and I decided to attend and will arrive towards the end of the book signing. I want to speak to Ken Middleton concerning the Oliphants, namely Eayre Oliphant. I have some info for him and want to ask a few questions.

I will see you all there.

Guy

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Bravo, Jerseyman and all,

Patty, Alexis, and I stopped by later in the afternoon and had a wonderful time at the Vienna Inn. It was delightful to see this celebration of things Pinelands do so well. Best of all we were able to catch up with so many old friends! I only wish our busy schedule had allowed us to stay through dinner to hear the keynotes and other entertainment. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Spung-Man

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Looking forward to hearing about this one. I was thinking about table 9 tomfoolery while at work today and even thought about bringing some of the people who I work with to the pre-event to see some of you guys/gals and get a little bit of the experience in (sans the parking lot microbrews and such). Couldn't pull it off though. It's a great event and I'm bummed I didn't get to hear some of the music tonight.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Had a great time even though I arrived late and bounced out early. (little dave was getting anxious in the high chair) the presentation by Ted??? on the cranberrys was beyond great however I felt so bad for him when he was informed that the one house burnt down recently. It was also nice to put some names on faces (Bob PBX, Tee-Gate, Gloword) Also Meeting and talking with Bud Wilson was a delight. I will plan better for next years event and I may even look into sponsoring some of theis event with money raised from a fundraiser event with our Mud bog at New Egypt. I'm totally astonished with the event:)

Folks:

I am still in recovery mode from a busy and, at times, grueling day yesterday, but I was certainly happy to greet old friends from these forums and to meet some new ones!! For those who didn’t make it to Lines, I sure hope you will reconsider for next year, when the theme will be Aboard the Blue Comet.

Thanks to all who came out and supported this event!! :)

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It was an interesting evening. I was impressed with the turnout and met quite a few friends and acquaintances who I did not expect to see. I want to thank all of them for the interesting conversation. I did get to talk to Ken Middleton and discuss the EO stone I found, which was a property corner for his ancestor. Hopefully, one day I will be able to show it to him. Without a doubt as far as the vendors go I was most impressed with Turtle's generosity to me and a few others. I can tell her now that one of her gifts are already in the mail to my mom from Jessica. Thank you for using my photo and giving it back to me in the way you did.

Jerseyman, as usual you made the evening. I was quite annoyed you had to push through your introduction to Ted Gordon while many others kept right on talking. You handled it much better than I would have. I will make it a point to be there next year to hear more stories about the Blue Comet. Now if you only can get Robert there :)

Mudboy Dave, I took notice of how good a dad you seemed to be, and hopefully one day we can meet again. And to all the rest, too numerious to mention, it was a pleasure.

Guy

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
LINES ON THE PINES 2010 Unofficial Accolades

DISCLAIMER:
Y’all must understand that certain of these awards are subjective, opinionated, and utterly irrational.
Others are well-deserved.

Cutest youngster: Dave Jr.

Most diligent scribbler: L

Biggest smile: Pine Baron

Most avid photographer: MTS83

Best quote: (regarding clandestine activities that originated with L)—
“Is this the 70’s equivalent of texting?” [Thanks, KK.]

Most serene: Oji

Prettiest daughter: Nice to see you again, J.

Most considerate listener: Teegate

Saddest moment: viewing slides of historic buildings now vandalized.

Best painting: thanks, Turtle.

Best oratory: Jerseyman’s rendition of “In the Dark.”

Best writing: aforementioned poem by G. Arnold.

Worst writing: dual-authorship poem that ricocheted between Glowordz and Turtle. Their efforts, which might have evolved into a work of literary distinction after a few million years, sank ingloriously into the swamp of a Jersey Devil ballad.

[Note to L: I will not post your very original poem, in return for a small remuneration at your convenience, preferably in the form of dark chocolate.]

Best table: guess! 9 :dance: 9 :dance: 9 :dance:
Commended this year for good behavior.

Most interesting question raised: What's the difference between blueberries and huckleberries?
(Kudos to our Bob, who told us the answer long before it was officially propounded.)

Best music: a hundred thousand peepers shrilling from behind the restaurant. Yippee! Soon spring!

Most missed: every single one of y’all who couldn’t come.

Glo