60,000 pheasants being released for hunting in N.J.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Dick Cheney might be the last person you have to worry about. Have you ever been out on opening day of pheasant season....holy crap! There's people everywhere, I've been hit with stray shot, my dogs have been attacked by other hunter's dogs, One of my Jeeps was shot, it's best to stay away......perhaps go back in the afternoon. Good dogs will stir up the birds that all of the yahoos walk past. Which reminds me......would anyone like a few pheasants? (Cleaned of course......let me know)

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
I'll defineately take one if there's one still available. I'll buy you a round or two for your troubles.

A friend of mine went out to the Glassboro Wildlife Management area to get some of these birds. He took home his limit and so did his buddy. The third hunter in the group missed about 15 times, getting quite the business from the other two.

wis bang

Explorer
Jun 24, 2004
East Windsor
This is one game resource that NJ really does well. They have crossed (5) different types of phesant to get a hybrid that is named after the game farrm and is supposed to present the 'best' traits of each of the five indidual types. This is a renewal resource.

As much as I miss the 'old days' I don't think I would venture out in the crowds.

I've been reading the jealous posts on Huntingpa.com where guys are drooling over the NJ stocking program, w/ pictures, along w/ a bunch of guys remembering when you could find phesants in PA...other than on a game farm where you paid to hunt.