6MP Camera

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That's interesting, but just remember that megapixels aren't everything. Personally I would go for a 3 megapixel camera from one of the better known companies before taking a chance on an unknown. The camera's optics, mechanics and electronics are all just as important as CCD pixel count. I have a 5 megapixel Nikon which I like, but I used a 3 megapixel Nikon before that and those images still look quite good to me.

The thing which I find troublesome in that review is the delay of several seconds between pressing the button and taking the picture. That could be really frustrating.

Your mileage may vary....
When you press the shutter, it takes a second or so for the camera to focus on the subject and another second or so to figure out the proper exposure and take the picture.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Boyd said:
That's interesting, but just remember that megapixels aren't everything. Personally I would go for a 3 megapixel camera from one of the better known companies before taking a chance on an unknown. The camera's optics, mechanics and electronics are all just as important as CCD pixel count. I have a 5 megapixel Nikon which I like, but I used a 3 megapixel Nikon before that and those images still look quite good to me.

The thing which I find troublesome in that review is the delay of several seconds between pressing the button and taking the picture. That could be really frustrating.

Your mileage may vary....

Yes...the delay looks like a problem. I just posted it for someone who might want a 6MP camera for a cheap price.

Guy

Looks nice but I think the fact that it is slow is a drawback.

I was very happy with my 4 meg camera as far as image detail goes. I had a 16x20 photo printed a while back and was very happy with it. My problem with my old camera was zoom. It had 4x optical zoom which is ok if you are using a tripod but the shots were blurry if you hand held the camera.
My new camera (Panasonic DMC-FZ20) has 12x optical zoom and image stabilization. That is the key, stabilization. I can get very nice full zoom shots hand holding the camera. The shot of the fox I posted yesterday was full zoom and hand held. I haven't tried it on a tripod yet but just imagine the sharpness it will achieve.
Also, as a bonus, this camera is VERY fast. It boots up fast, focuses fast and records fast. The only down side is that it sucked the money out of my pocket fast.

Steve

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
Looks nice but I think the fact that it is slow is a drawback.

I was very happy with my 4 meg camera as far as image detail goes. I had a 16x20 photo printed a while back and was very happy with it. My problem with my old camera was zoom. It had 4x optical zoom which is ok if you are using a tripod but the shots were blurry if you hand held the camera.
My new camera (Panasonic DMC-FZ20) has 12x optical zoom and image stabilization. That is the key, stabilization. I can get very nice full zoom shots hand holding the camera. The shot of the fox I posted yesterday was full zoom and hand held. I haven't tried it on a tripod yet but just imagine the sharpness it will achieve.
Also, as a bonus, this camera is VERY fast. It boots up fast, focuses fast and records fast. The only down side is that it sucked the money out of my pocket fast.

Steve

You have to pay to play :(

Hiu

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BEHR655 said:
Guy, did you know that if you mis-position you hand on the keyboard Guy becomes Hiu? :D

I never knew that :) :)

Hiu

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I will. I have a big problem with camera shake. How is your camera in low light situations?

If you saw my Harrisville photos from last night you'd see that mine sucks without a tripod.

bruset said:
I will. I have a big problem with camera shake. How is your camera in low light situations?

If you saw my Harrisville photos from last night you'd see that mine sucks without a tripod.

Low light is tough on digital cameras. Mine doesn't do too bad but the anti-shake doesn't work that well under low light.