86 new photos, 3 new nested albums

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
Nice pics... I ecspecially like the album of the EHT schools. I was in first grade when they closed the McKee City School and therefore was in the last class to attend it. What road is that Dorothy church on? I cannot figure out why I have never seen it before. Also, what is the name of the family that owns the farm on Cologne Ave with all the old buildings on it (school, barn, house)?

B

BarryC

Thanks.
I read an article in the paper when EHT was announcing that they will close 6 "outlying" schools (West Atlantic City school had closed earlier). So as soon as all the schools closed for good, I went and photographed them all.
The church in Dorothy is near the railroad, on the north side of it, near the road that comes in from Belcoville (11th Ave.?). It's kind of hidden behind the trees planted in front of it. It's posted no trespassing, but some of the ground floor windows are broken and stuff is thrown around inside.
The family that owns all that stuff on Cologne Avenue is the Liepe family. The school is starting to deteriorate now. I wish they would put a new roof on it, just to keep it standing.
stizkidz said:
Nice pics... I ecspecially like the album of the EHT schools. I was in first grade when they closed the McKee City School and therefore was in the last class to attend it. What road is that Dorothy church on? I cannot figure out why I have never seen it before. Also, what is the name of the family that owns the farm on Cologne Ave with all the old buildings on it (school, barn, house)?