A day in The Pines... *PICS 56K beware!*

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
I was in The Pines on 1/14 with some family and friends. It was my friend and his girlfriend, me and my dad. It was my dad's first time out. Being an avid photographer for longer than I've been alive, I figured he'd appreciate all the scenic opportunities. We went to explore some of the more common places and I'm sure you veterans out there won't have any trouble picking them out.

Oh, please don't mind the off-road pictures. We only use the Jeeps to get where we need to be as long as it's legal! It'd be cool someday if some of us went on a nice trail ride. Ben, I know you have a Rubicon, so that includes you! :p

DSC_0538_s.jpg

DSC_0539_s.jpg

DSC_0540_s.jpg

DSC_0546_s.jpg

DSC_0548_s.jpg

DSC_0557_s.jpg

DSC_0559_s.jpg

DSC_0585_s.jpg

DSC_0589_s.jpg

Hope you all enjoy! :)

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks for posting. Always nice to see new photo's.

Guy

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
Thanks guys. I never knew that bridge was there until that day. My friend and I had fished the other side of the Mullica there during the summer, which is easily accessible via Quaker Bridge Road. There's some mild 'rapids' for lack of a better term, where you can see how it would cross the river. I wonder if that debri is actually part of the bridge that used to stand on the other side?

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
quote "...it would be cool someday if some of us went on a nice trail ride..." nice pictures, count me in on a trail ride, I have a stock 2000 cherokee classic with 225/75r16 mt kumho tires so I really don't go in anything to crazy, plus I can't bring my self to beat up the truck, I just finished paying it off a year ago and it only has 72 k on it and still in real good shape, a nice trail ride would be fun. Maybe do a loop of the entire pines, hit points of intrest and use as little pavement as possible.

Badfish740

Explorer
Feb 19, 2005
Copperhead Road
You can go anywhere you need to go with that. For the most part people here aren't hardcore trail riders. Four wheeling is just a way to get where you need to go in the pines rather than the "main attraction" so to speak. I know that a lot of our members reach most spots with front wheel drive cars.

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Real nice pics.....the trailride sounds great! Problem is, I always identify folks by their vehicles. Since you were out with twin Jeeps (almost) I'd be all confused!!!!!

All kidding aside, It looks like ya had a great day!

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Badfish740 said:
You can go anywhere you need to go with that. For the most part people here aren't hardcore trail riders. Four wheeling is just a way to get where you need to go in the pines rather than the "main attraction" so to speak. I know that a lot of our members reach most spots with front wheel drive cars.
I get around fine in the pines with it. just checking to see what trail ride ment. back when I was younger I had a toyota with 36" swampers and built to the gills, most of my trail rides were just tooling around the pines with family almost every sunday nothing hardcore, checking out points of intrest and getting away from the rat race that most of jersey is, spend most of my time now solo in the woods since my family moved back to vermont, it would be nice to hook up with some people that enjoy the pines as much as I do. some of my past friends trail ride ment taking your truck through areas most people wouldn't take a tank, and no sense in doing any damage to the woods. I was always a tread lightly guy.

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
Yes, I too am a tread lightly guy as well. I often use bypasses when encountering a hole rather than go through it. My Jeep is a 2004 with plenty of payments left, so I also don't want to mess it up. So far, I have only one stuck when I was stock. I don't do anything that won't enable me to get to work on Monday. However, I do carry a good amount of recovery gear when the time comes. I have a winch, kinetic stretch straps, tree saver strap, snatch block, shackles, etc. These are all moreso 'insurance' items rather than items used on a typical trail run. I've been stuck out in the Pines before and I don't recommend that anyone go out without some form of recovery, regardless of what you drive. So, if we ever do get to do a trail ride and explore some of the sites, I think we will be adequately prepared.

So, that being said, I wouldn't want the focus of such a trail ride to be 'wheeling' based, but more on exploring and seeing some of the sites that some of us have not seen. I am certainly a Pines newbie, so I wouldn't fit in as a tour guide. It'd be great to have one of you Pines veterans along. :)