A good night in Lebanon

Bobbleton

Explorer
Mar 12, 2004
NJ
After 3 failed attempts (first night too cold, 2nd night too dry, 3rd night too late), I finally managed to get some photos of breeding amphibians. Tonight I was in Lebanon with intentions of possibly stumbling on a carpenter frog.

I was rewarded.
These guys aren't even calling yet, but they were all over the place. I saw at least five without looking for them.
normal_IMG_3228pb.jpg

Then this brightly colored little treat:
normal_IMG_3233pb.jpg

And surprisingly enough the peepers have given me a run for my money this year . . . tonight luck was on my side.
normal_IMG_3252pb.jpg

Can you tell what type of area we were in?? I love walking on top of excess cranberries--they're like the bubble-wrap of the pine barrens.
normal_IMG_3241pb.jpg

I was excited to actually see animals tonight so i thought i'd share. Hope you enjoy.

-Bob

Krloucks

Explorer
Oct 22, 2005
Bensalem, Pa
www.krloucks.com
frogs in Lebanon

Is that the same Carpenter frog that I found? I can always count on Lebanon for carpenters. They were calling on Friday, midday at the cranberry bogs.

Attachments

• carpenter.jpg
    carpenter.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 181

ChrisNJ

Explorer
Jan 31, 2006
Medford
Great photos again , thanks.

I saw my first herps of the season friday at lunch time, I went to a set of old farm ponds I used to ride my bike to for fishing and snake catching in my youth. I had not really been there in 20 years or so and although it changed a bit it still had all the turtles and Garter Snakes of my youth, had a great time seeing them again :)