A Great Day on the Wading

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Took out the canoe on Saturday. I purchased this canoe from Tim on this site. I'm thrilled with the canoe. We went from Hawkins Bridge to Beaver Branch faster than I ever have because the water is at a nice level and is moving along very fast in spots. An almost perfect day except for one very scary moment: A young man fell out of his canoe and started shaking and appeared unconscious, a bunch of us really thought he was joking around because he was laughing before he fell into the water. It became clear he was not joking and because I work with brain injured individuals I knew he was having a seizure. Lucky for this guy the seizure occured right by Rt 563 and there were some really quick responding nurses who were canoeing and helped him out. Green Bank Volunteer EMS responded and I just want to say I appreciate these folks. He was conscious and he seemed ok when they took him in the ambulance.

Get out there on the rivers folks, the water level is tremendous right now!!!
Tom

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That was a scary one! Good to see the man came out of it ok. Thanks for the report.

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Glad to hear you had such a nice canoeing trip. that guy was very lucky to have yourself and a bunch of nurses near by. It could have easily been a very bad situation for the man if the circumstances were different.

Jeff