A Huge Stone And Isotria Verticillata

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

A few weeks back we were driving down route 70 and I noticed something that I was not there before. It apparently had been there long before but it must have been laying down. So today on our way to the pines I pulled over and gave it a look. In the process of getting out of my car my seat belt stayed somewhat out of the door and when the door closed it damaged my door jam switch. More on that later. Anyway, it appears to me this has been laying down for as long as I have been traveling route 70 and now it miraculously appeared. This thing is huge!

IMG_7909a.jpg

IMG_7912a.jpg

IMG_7913a.jpg

IMG_7911a.jpg

If I see a farmer out there I will stop and ask some questions. I returned to my car and the light on my dash said my door was open. We checked all of the doors and found nothing. So I pushed on the switch and it worked and that made me believe the switch had been pushed in. I tried pulling on it and anything else I could and the light stayed on. As to not spend anymore time with it we moved on to again visit the Large Whorled Pogonia. When arriving it appears we are maybe a few days to a week early, but they are in bloom.

DSC_5543a.jpg

DSC_5550a.jpg

Later, after traveling to another location we saw something in a swamp that looked unusual.

Jessica leading the way.

IMG_7918a.jpg

It was the bones of a dead horse that someone had tied to a tree and left to die :D

IMG_7921a.jpg

IMG_7922a.jpg

When arriving home I purchased a new door switch and replaced the old one. The light still stayed on. Finally, after a closer look I realized the seat belt actually dented the inside of my door where the switch hits and because of that the switch is not fully going in. I taped cardboard to it until I can make a round rubber piece to glue to the door.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica said you can buy them for times like Halloween and such. Not really sure though.

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Was that the horse skeleton tied to a tree on Tuckerton Railroad by the Middle branch of Forked River? My friend has one for a Hallween prop too.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Was that the horse skeleton tied to a tree on Tuckerton Railroad by the Middle branch of Forked River? My friend has one for a Hallween prop too.

Yes. We were driving by and saw it.

Reactions: Wick