A piney I wish I got to talk to in my older years

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Frank Levoch. Not sure if any of you know of him or not. His brother is still alive and they both lived on opposite corners of Rairtan and tremont avenues in Atco. Frank died last year at age 92 and lived in Atco his whole life being born in the house that still stands. I can recall as a child I used to stop at his house at least once a week with my father and he'd tell stories of the pine barrens. I wish I could remember them now that my intrest has peaked on the pines. I always told myself I should stop tehre when I'd see him outside in his chair but continued on dowwn the road for teh fact that I figuired he wouldn't remember me. Then last year he passed away along with 92 years worth of memories in the pines. One of these days I will have to stop by and chit chat with his brother.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
His brother may know as much as he did.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I know exactly how you feel Dave. Every day I pass by the house of a 95 year old man in Whiting who was a worker on the railroads when they came through Whiting. His name is Bobby, and he is always good to me. One good tape recorder and about 8 hours would provide some good memories.