A trip (sort of)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I was exploring along the West Wading today at the below location south of 563. I'm in pretty deep and here comes this child of about 10 years old floating lazily down the river on one of those plastic round tubes shaped like a tire that you'd normally see in a pool. She seemed all alone. I asked her if she came from the bridge. She said no.

Something was not right. Then, here comes the rest of the family, all with those cheap, colorful flotation tubes. Four children (one a toddler of 4) and two adults. They were bewildered. They wanted to know how much further it was to Wading Pines Campground.

Turns out the campground told them to put in at the bridge next to the campground, and after an hour float, they would end up behind their basketball court.

Well, they missed it big time. If I had not driven them back, they may have floated all the way down to Chips Folly (or worse).

Nice family. Very appreciative for the ride.

8-16-17.JPG

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Nice island there Bob.Your just downstream from my dog swimming beach.
Usually when people are lost and look at me with fear in their eyes pleading for help I strike a pose sorta like you see in my avatar and with my best deliverance voice I tell them "You cain't git thar from here" Yes Bob, your a much nicer person then me:)

MuckSavage

Explorer
Apr 1, 2005
Turnersville
Usually when people are lost and look at me with fear in their eyes pleading for help I strike a pose sorta like you see in my avatar and with my best deliverance voice I tell them "You cain't git thar from here" Yes Bob, your a much nicer person then me:)
That's hysterical!

Reactions: manumuskin

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

PBX had a tailgate party at that beach last year. Rain blew us out before we finished. Here, right?

upload_2017-8-18_22-15-45.png