Abandoned guinea pig at Carranza

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
That's just... I don't think it's going too far to say that anyone who could do that and drive off has something missing in the head department. It would have been far more merciful to euthanize the little guy than to dump him out there in the snow to starve or become prey.

Well done, Ed. Very well done.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
words cannot describe the feelings i get when i see this kind of crap. kudos on the rescue. I love my pets. 4 cats, 1 dog, sun conure, 2 fish, 1 chinchila, and my 2 rats which just passed not too long ago. Last memorial day. my originalcat "sammi" snuck out on me, he was missing for about 5 hours, not thinking much of it I ran to wawa, sure enough by the time I come back, He was in front of the garage hopping around with a leg in the air. It was too late for a vet so we ran him up to the pet emergency place in Mt Laurel. They performed an x-ray and sure enough there was a pellet from a pellet gun that blew threw his femor and was lodged in his leg. Well I contacted Winslow animal hospital who was the recommended surgeon. His options were either to have the leg amputated or for an extra $1000 we could do a titanium leg. Needless to say Sammi is running around and hopping like he used to with a $4000 Bionic leg.
Just kills me to know there are people this heartless.:confused:

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
Great holiday ending to to a sad story. Nice work, Ed. My daughter is very happy you saved her. For a name, Lucky might not be bad. She's very lucky Ed happened by when he did.

John-

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Naming Miss Piggy

We have these choices so far..

Miss Piggy - 1
Coysnacki - 1 (someone please explain this to me, lol)
Francie - 1
Amelia - 1
E.C. (?) - 1
Lucky - 1

No tie breakers???

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Lucky or Amelia???? Hmmm...

Well, I guess I have to make a case for Jessica's choice. As for Lucky, if you look at it from the point of view that there was a 110 percent chance that Ed was not going to leave her there as I know he wouldn't, there was no luck at all. She was going home with him without a doubt. Ed travels that road all the time so I doubt it was luck that he was there. That is Ed's road and she was there for him to find and he did. No luck in my book. :dance:

Guy

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Making me decide, huh?

Amelia is a very cool idea and I was going with it until I read dogg57's post. Very good point.

Now what?

I am leaning toward Lucky....

uh60chick

Scout
Jul 14, 2007
Well, Emilio Carranza was known as the Mexican Lindbergh, and Lindbergh was known as Lucky Lindy, so Lucky does tie in both ways.