abandoned places in wharton

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
TeeGate said:
I did see an abandoned boat on the side of Pasadena road today.
Guy

That boat is still there but on the other side of the road. It looks like the snow plow or someone else slid it across the road. I was out that way yesterday doing some research on a marker and could not believe it was still there.

I could not get my car off the road where I wanted to go, so I parked it right in the lane on Pasadena Road and turned on the 4 ways. I tried pulling off but I almost became stuck so I bailed on that. I was in the woods about 10 minutes and a few cars passed without slowing down.

Guy

JerseyJim

Explorer
Aug 17, 2003
Delaware County Pa.
that boat has moved a few miles from where it first was, I take that way to work alot so I know it moved a few miles, I figured maybe some of the locals tied a rope to it and rode it down the road in the snow, maybe some redneck fun was had one day

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
JerseyJim said:
that boat has moved a few miles from where it first was, I take that way to work alot so I know it moved a few miles, I figured maybe some of the locals tied a rope to it and rode it down the road in the snow, maybe some redneck fun was had one day

Hahaha, I actually did this one time. I had an old beater S-10 Blazer last summer and I was out trailriding with some buddies. Anyway, we found an old boat on the side of the trail so we hooked up a tow-strap to the boat and away we went! Good times...

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
stizkidz said:
Hahaha, I actually did this one time. I had an old beater S-10 Blazer last summer and I was out trailriding with some buddies. Anyway, we found an old boat on the side of the trail so we hooked up a tow-strap to the boat and away we went! Good times...

You should have put one of your friends in the boat and pulled them. Just watch the trees.

Guy

stizkidz

Piney
May 10, 2003
Tuckerton
Yea, me and my friends toom turns riding in the boat. We ended up leaving it in the middle of a HUGE puddle not too far from where we originally found it.

I guess I'm just an old fart now. 30 years ago I would have done the same damn thing. But now the way I see it, it was abandoned and once you hooked it to your car you owned it. It's not nice to litter the Pines. See, I told you I'm an old fart. :D