Accident on 206 (this past wkend)

BobNJ1979

Explorer
May 31, 2007
did anyone see or hear of the accident on 206 (Right near Pic A Lili) on saturday ? a honda accord hit an 18 wheeler head on.. a 69 y/o woman in the honda died on the way to cooper, via chopper.. i believe she was the only person in the car. my friend was on the EMT squad on the scene. my friend did send me some pictures. i'll have to see if i can get them again.. apparently 206 was closed for quite awhile - doing environmental cleanup.. a real shame..

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
I was on site albeit by chance. 206 was closed between Atsion Lake and the picalilly. I entered 206 from Hampton Rd. By the time I came across the wreck scene there was nothing much to see except a lot of angry looking municipal employees and volunteers. From what I could tell in passing, something large and heavy completely squashed about 50ft or more of guardrail in the north bound lane. There was lots of speedy dry on the road and the board of health was there which is unusual for a traffic wreck. I figured lots of road pizza. This was about 4:30 or so.