Adirondack Trip

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
His tongue is a little long, but at least it has blood going through it :)

Great photo's, and I love the clouds. I visit Vermont every years and always enjoy it. Will be climbing Bald Mountain again this year with the girls.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Nice Bill.

That river is serious! It's really going places with power behind it. I was in the Wrangell Range in Alaska, and the mountains were extremely steep. The rivers all looked positively urgent in their mad dash toward the sea. Really something to see.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Your report made me homesick. I had a cabin on the West Branch in Jay for many years. Had to sell it this past autumn as the cost of upkeep and paying NY taxes was too much of a burden. Really do miss that place, especially the silence. Thanks, maybe I'll make a roadtrip this fall......

NJHIKERADAM

Scout
Jul 19, 2006
Bob when I get home from work I will post a couple pics from Mt Phelps and Mt Marcy.. Either is a brutal day hike from Adirondack Loj.. Ive done it ,but its much easier to camp near the dam and make a weekend out of it... Great photos..

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Your report made me homesick. I had a cabin on the West Branch in Jay for many years. Had to sell it this past autumn as the cost of upkeep and paying NY taxes was too much of a burden. Really do miss that place, especially the silence. Thanks, maybe I'll make a roadtrip this fall......

46er, are you a High Peaks 46er?

pineypower71

Oct 19, 2008
Wow, what a beautiful place. I have an old bill book that has now fallen apart. It was from an old general store in the later 1800's. The store was in upper jay, new york. It was very interesting to read all these old bills and receipts. There were Winchester bills and freight receipts. So now I finally see the area it was from. Cool. There is a site called frog watch. if you google frogs of new york you'll get a list and even be able to listen to their croaks.