Adventure on the Mullica

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
(I didn't know this bridge had a name until reading this thread).

We discussed that name while there on Saturday, and as far as we can tell the only map that has that name is the Garmin software. How they named it that is in question. It may be appropriate, but I have never viewed another map with Lock's written on it.

My opinion was that since Garmin has a place on their website where you can notify them of a map error, someone added the Lock's Bridge and they placed it on the map. Maybe Lake Broyhill occurred the same way :) In any event, I may be completely wrong and would love to see some map showing it before the personal computer age.

Anyone???

Guy

We discussed that name while there on Saturday, and as far as we can tell the only map that has that name is the Garmin software. How they named it that is in question. It may be appropriate, but I have never viewed another map with Lock's written on it.

My opinion was that since Garmin has a place on their website where you can notify them of a map error, someone added the Lock's Bridge and they placed it on the map. Maybe Lake Broyhill occurred the same way :) In any event, I may be completely wrong and would love to see some map showing it before the personal computer age.

Anyone???

Guy

Guy, do you mean Garmin or Magellan? It is in the Magellan software.

Steve

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Great pics, great trip, sorry I missed it! I jumped into the Batsto river yesterday and floated on a PFD because I just had to get into that water. It was great!
Tom

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Guy, do you mean Garmin or Magellan? It is in the Magellan software.

Steve

My mistake. I did not switch over to Windows to check before posting. I thought we had discussed Garmin when we were talking about it at the bridge.

Guy

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
What part of the Batsto did you float, Tom?

Driving from Atsion, I parked right before Quaker bridge on the right side of the road. I walked through that little stream there and right into the Batsto. This was after 7pm so there was no traffic on the river, its the first time I've been in the pines for quite awhile, it was great to be back out there again. I love driving that road at dusk.