afterglow

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I remember that, you (Bob) were thinking that is where Bill took a pic right? I think I over heard you saying that.

Right. And now I remember Guy did not hear me as he was behind us.

That is the same tree in Bill's #9 reflection photo above. As soon as I saw it I remembered his photo.

How often does that happen, considering how far out they were, and this was just a chance that we were in the same place.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
Right. And now I remember Guy did not hear me as he was behind us.

That is the same tree in Bill's #9 reflection photo above. As soon as I saw it I remembered his photo.

How often does that happen, considering how far out they were, and this was just a chance that we were in the same place.

I'm amazed. My guess, Bob, was that you took your photograph and later squared it up with mine and realized they matched. But to have studied my photo and to recognize its location out of the blue in the wild says a lot about your attention to both detail and of your keeping a keen eye while out there.

It's not like this was on the beaten track.

Wow. Just wow.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I'm amazed. My guess, Bob, was that you took your photograph and later squared it up with mine and realized they matched. But to have studied the detail of my photo and to recognize it out of the blue in the wild says a lot about your attention to both detail and of your keeping a keen eye while out there.

It's not like this was on the beaten track.

Wow. Just wow.

Bob definitely recognized immedietly on location.

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
just where did you take that photo anyway?Friendship?Skit?
Alfie

Skit, Alfie ... at this beaver dam somewhat downstream from Batona Camp. You should remember it well. Remember the bees? :)

IMG_3463.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Thanks for the kind words Bill. It comes from detailing plants out to see what they are...and my eyes never stop roaming in the woods.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Skit, Alfie ... at this beaver dam somewhat downstream from Batona Camp. You should remember it well. Remember the bees? :)

[you actually went back there?You are one brave pacifist,I'll never call you a Hippie wuss again.I'm just glad i didn't have to get my wife to go out there in that muck to rescue another gps.bees don't faze her,muck does.
Al

whippoorbill

Explorer
Jul 29, 2003
Bridgeton
aIMG_2435.jpg

Sparky's and Glo's eventual eventful meeting took place today. Here's a photo record of the event.

Tulpehocken hoppin'
IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

Leader of the pack
IMG_2447.jpg

Someplace else
IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

Whoopin' it up!
IMG_2452.jpg

Someplace else something else
bIMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2458.jpg

Lap dance
IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

Reactions: turtle

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The photo's are proof that spring is right around the corner. Thanks Bill!

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
been a bit of a drop in the water level since we were there last.Any frogs out?Some of those appear to be a wee bit out of focus.I like numbers 4,5 and 6 and the last one.Focus worked better on those :)

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I really like the second from the bottom Bill...the one with Glo off to the side. It reminds me how big the pines are, and how little of a footprint us explorers make. Plus, it is a good perspective type of shot.

glowordz

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
SC
www.gloriarepp.com
A man and his dog set out, deep in the pines.

Nearby, a river gleams with mystery.

The dog trots fearlessly along its bank.

He checks out the spoor of wild creatures.

and the scent of . . . a bear? . . . a wolf?

He forges ahead to discover shimmering pools,

pauses to interrogate the peculiar moss, and then –

He spins!

He splashes!

He sparkles!

Thanks for the day, Whip & Sparky!
Glo