Airguns

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
That's interesting. Not sure how I feel about it. I have an English-made Webley that is certainly up to the task but I'd be concerned about some hunters just wounding game. I'd prefer to be able to use .22 rimfire, which is also well suited to younger hunters, but I guess the prospect of sending projectiles larger than birdshot into and through the treetops in a small state like New Jersey isn't a good one.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I have a Ruger Air Hawk that I would like to put to use. I have not hunted small game in many years. With the deer season running from Sep.-Feb. I have not had time to hunt small game. This year I want to mix in some other hunting besides just deer. I will bring my Ruger out for some walks in the pines this fall.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I have a Ruger Air Hawk that I would like to put to use. I have not hunted small game in many years. With the deer season running from Sep.-Feb. I have not had time to hunt small game. This year I want to mix in some other hunting besides just deer. I will bring my Ruger out for some walks in the pines this fall.

Looking into this a bit, I was surprised who some of the manufacturers are; Ruger, Beretta, Browning, Walther among others. Never would have guessed.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
My club has a group of air rifle enthusiasts who shoot together every week. Their guns are high end, deadly accurate and more than capable of dispatching rabbits and squirrels. They shoot metal silhouette targets with them.

Personally, I am with German. I would like to see .22 rimfire legalized for small game. I still like guns that go bang.

I am very excited however about the new yote and fox regs permitting centerfire to .25 and bullet weights to 80 grains. I bought the Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter in .22-250 a few weeks back for that reason.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I think this is a great way to get the young ones interested. I think Mom is more likely to allow little Johnny to have a 'BB' gun than a real firearm.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Not in my house.
:)

Same here, but we're special :D

Just got my email from Shooters, aka Tips. They are opening their doors on 9/21 with limited range time, 1 hour/week for a few months till things settle down. They did a really nice job on the new place.