Al Horner, Good Ink

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
But Al still takes a shot. All he needed to be fair was the word 'some'.

“The more I photographed, the more I became an advocate for the Pine Barrens, some of which already has been marred by off-road vehicle drivers who intentionally veer off roads and trails and destroy conservation landscape like it is a motorsports arena." - Al Horner

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
"...he grabs his camera equipment and heads out in his sport-utility vehicle for an especially beautiful spot deeper in the Pinelands."

He could be compaired to the many he dislikes, and I like that LoL.

“Many days I went to a specific site, but on other days I just rode into the forest to explore... said Horner, who has been traveling through the Pinelands since he was a boy."

Glad you enjoyed it for 69years, how about letting the next generations do the same.

"...And as I am watching the sun move across the landscape, I wonder why there is no one else there to watch it."

Wonder why? Seems thats how you want to keep it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is almost 100 percent that way. With almost being an important word.

Jason Howell

Explorer
Nov 23, 2009
Not to be argumentative, he is far from the best. Good yes; but I've seen better, quite a bit better. I would say he is one of the best at using the Pines for his benefit.

(Not arguing here) Who are you referring to? Feel free to PM

Jason Howell

Explorer
Nov 23, 2009
I appreciate that Ben, thank you. My opinion, more specifically, is that Al's body of landscape work is unmatched. Many people have been able to create wonderful photographs in the Pines, but I do not think anyone has crafted so many great landscapes over such a wide range of environments. That is one of the reasons I consider him so effective an advocate, Al has been able to show many people from in and outside our area the beauty of Pines that seems for some to be difficult to perceive.