Allergies?

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
This is actually the smallest amount of pine pollen I've seen in a number of years down here. Not sure if there is actually less or if the damp/rainy conditions just kept it out of the air. Maybe there is more to come, but it sure looks like it's over now. What has it been like in the core pine areas? I was in Medford yesterday and didn't notice anything heavy.

I swear, every year on the news they say it will be an especially bad season for allergies. Last year it was because of the warm winter, this year it was supposed to be the cold winter…. :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I swear, every year on the news they say it will be an especially bad season for allergies. Last year it was because of the warm winter, this year it was supposed to be the cold winter…. :)

Yep, and its all because of global warming/cooling biotic process climate change thanks to Bush ;)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Perhaps some of their advertisers sell more products when there are stories about bad allergy seasons? Sort of like the "bread and milk" phenomenon? :D

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Are you taking them daily? I used to go to an allergist. He told me that you've got to take the medication, pills, for a few days before you'll really see some sort of result. If you're in real misery, take a Benadryl.

I heard that you should start the pills right before the pollen starts. One person described it as filling a chair with the medication before the pollen sits on it. Strangely, the pine pollen does not bother me that much except it lodges in the throat and has to be hacked out.

Boyd, pine pollen was bad up here. I was praying for rain.