Alternative to pepper spray

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I have tried to find another case for it and the only place I can find to irder one is from Switzerland.

Have you tried Victorinox; there is a repair center in CT. They sent me some spare toothpics.

Last edited:
Reactions: manumuskin
Another valued knife. This was my Dad's M. Klein and Sons electrician's knife. He was an electrical worker for RCA and built transmitting antennae for television stations around the United States, including the ones that went down with the World Trade Center.
He carried this knife every day of his life that I can remember. It is probably 60 -70 years old. If you research photos of this Klein knife online you will be hard pressed to find one with this much blade wear. The cutting blade is pointing down in this photo. It has only a cutting blade and flat screwdriver with a brass liner lock for the screwdriver. He used to run the blade across a belt sander occasionally for sharpening. He stripped a lot of cable with that knife as you can see from the curvature in the cutting edge.

I still buy Klein Tools today. Founded by Mathias Klein in 1857 and still 6th generation family owned. Not cheap but my grandson will be using them long after I'm gone.

View attachment 12511

Ditto the fondness for Klein tools.

Reactions: RednekF350

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Have you tried Victorinox; there is a repair center in CT. They sent me some spare toothpics.

No, On the computer all I came up with was Switzerland

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
No, On the computer all I came up with was Switzerland

Check the accessories link, they offer a hard plastic tool holder that would probably last until you lose it.

;)

Reactions: manumuskin

CurMUDgeon

Scout
Apr 30, 2010
Where needed.
i was a daily knife carrier until one time, many years ago, I read an article in the AC Press about NJ knife laws. There were so many confusing and contradictory statements and descriptions in that article that, seeking some clarification, I called the NJ State Police and the officer they put me in touch with said "If I say it's illegal, it's illegal whatever it is." That was the end of me carrying a knife.
It's kind of like the license plate frames they put on your car at the dealer....they are illegal in NJ and, if you encounter a cop with an attitude, you can be ticketed for an "obscured license plate". I try not to give them any excuses.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
i was a daily knife carrier until one time, many years ago, I read an article in the AC Press about NJ knife laws. There were so many confusing and contradictory statements and descriptions in that article that, seeking some clarification, I called the NJ State Police and the officer they put me in touch with said "If I say it's illegal, it's illegal whatever it is." That was the end of me carrying a knife.
It's kind of like the license plate frames they put on your car at the dealer....they are illegal in NJ and, if you encounter a cop with an attitude, you can be ticketed for an "obscured license plate". I try not to give them any excuses.

Carry what you want, have a justifiable need and don't use self-defense as a reason and you'll be fine.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Okay, I'm usually a first-rate thread hijacker but this is getting out of control. It started out as a bear spray thread.
Can we please get back to the main thrust and the proposed duel between Bob and 46er with bear spray ? :D

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Okay, I'm usually a first-rate thread hijacker but this is getting out of control. It started out as a bear spray thread.
Can we please get back to the main thrust and the proposed duel between Bob and 46er with bear spray ? :D

I"m ready. I've got about 80% of my Sabre can of spray left. Bring him on!
Can I wear a thick rubber mask with eye guards and protective clothing?

• Haha
Reactions: RednekF350