Amazon - Impact

1Jerseydevil

Explorer
Feb 14, 2009
Amazon's system is far more high tech than Home Depot or the other self-checkout stores. It took Amazon 5 years of testing as an employee only store before committing to the one store. Kids do the darndest things. The link describes it.
No doubt there's going to be "teething" issues to be worked out, but it is the future. Amazon is just leading the way which is already in progress and has been.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
No doubt there's going to be "teething" issues to be worked out, but it is the future. Amazon is just leading the way which is already in progress and has been.

No argument there, but I'll still seek out the Mom & Pop stores and pay by cash whenever I can or until they take it "from my cold, dead hands". ;)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
You're fortunate to have a "mom and pop" store in your area. The closest grocery store to me is a Shoprite 15 miles away and the only Mom and Pop store is just as far (Incollingo's in Egg Harbor City). There are some local convenience stores that carry a variety of products, but nothing where you could really stock up on groceries.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
You're fortunate to have a "mom and pop" store in your area.

They are few, a couple are close. A 'supermarket' type was just opened by 2 brothers, they will probably have a tough go as the last 2 markets there, both chains, did not last with the competition from Shop-Wrong right down the road from them. But I give them credit for trying, they have some very good store made foods as well. Also a nice Polish shop with hard to find stuff and a Scandinavian shop, online orders and I pickup, 2 independent butchers that also carry some staples and fish markets galore :D Summer has more to select from for fresh veggies though.