An Extra Day Off

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Took today off and decided to look for a stone I saw mentioned on an old deed described in deed dated April 8, 1932. This particular stone is on private property and I received permission to go today and look for it. I got out of my car and found this male box turtle.

DSC_4269a.jpg

Look closely what is happening next to his eye.
eye.jpg

Walked a very short distance and found this.

DSC_4273a.jpg

DSC_4282a.jpg

I had to cross this.

IMG_6317a.jpg

IMG_6318a.jpg

Then it got a little tough and I sunk to my waist in mud but eventually reached my destination. It was a nice break from the woods I had to go through to get there. However, I did not find the stone.

DSC_4284a.jpg

My left arm has been taking the brunt of my explorations.

IMG_6320a.jpg

Last edited:

stiltzkin

Explorer
Feb 8, 2022
Medford
Ow, that looks painful...be careful out there.

Any idea what species of snake that is? Beautiful coloring. I just watched this presentation on the 18 species of snakes in the pines a few weeks ago, but it's not immediately obvious to me which of these it could be. Looks like a juvenile and I'm sure those can look very different from adults.

gipsie

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
atlantic county
Ow, that looks painful...be careful out there.

Any idea what species of snake that is? Beautiful coloring. I just watched this presentation on the 18 species of snakes in the pines a few weeks ago, but it's not immediately obvious to me which of these it could be. Looks like a juvenile and I'm sure those can look very different from adults.
I am thinking it may be a northern redbelly. Not 100% sure though.