Another movie about the Jersey Devil.

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
I'm sure everyone will be happy to see another movie about the Jersey Devil. Check it out here: http://www.thejerseydevilmovie.com/index.html

I actually spoke to the associate producer after emailing them and telling them some of their "facts" were not accurate. He said they have fixed them and welcomed anyone who wanted to provide more information.

I know these movies have been discussed before but I will say my favorite is still the NJN movie we had to watch as a child in school every year. I will add that the movie and the Jersey Devil book probably got me interested in the Pine Barrens. You have to start somewhere.

He said they are trying to film as much as possible in the local area and are going to utilize local businesses as well. You can see some companies have already jumped on as sponsors, one being a local vineyard.

Say what you will but the man I spoke to was very pleasant and I think willing to listen to people's opinion, good, bad or indifferent.

Maybe that old Mother Leeds movie doesn't cut it for the kids today and they need something a little more "high tech." This could get a whole new generation of kids interested in the Pine Barrens? I dunno, just passing the info along.

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
It looks interesting. Maybe worth checking out. I hope they don't make the devil look cheesey.

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
I knew a guy who was working on a JD movie last year. Not sure why, but the trailer disappeared for a while. Brooksbrae is featured in it.

Not sure if this has been posted before or not.

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I knew a guy who was working on a JD movie last year. Not sure why, but the trailer disappeared for a while. Brooksbrae is featured in it.

Not sure if this has been posted before or not.

"Do you know what lives between Atlantic City and Philadelphia"?
"No, what?"
"The Devil"

Pretty cool trailer. I wonder what happened to that project, or if it is still in production.

Jeff

bamfer23

Apr 13, 2008
Brick, NJ
This post made me finally register for this forum, haha

Hi! My name is Jeff Heimbuch. I co-wrote and produced Leeds Point, the film that Stu posted a link to.

(by the way, thanks stu for posting it! Who did you know that was involved?!)

Anyway, the film recently screened at the Garden State Film Festival last weekend, where we won Best Horror AND Audience Choice.

It'll be playing over the next few months at various other film festivals in NJ. we'll be screening dates up at our page for it, myspace.com/leedspoint

Now that im registered, i have to check out the other forums that are only available to registered members! lol

Also, Brooksbrae is an amazing place. We actually stumbled upon it, and thought it would be a perfect location. It's a fantastic little place, and I hope that kids from WNJ don't ruin it in their travels there

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
This post made me finally register for this forum, haha

Hi! My name is Jeff Heimbuch. I co-wrote and produced Leeds Point, the film that Stu posted a link to.

(by the way, thanks stu for posting it! Who did you know that was involved?!)

To be honest I don't know his name, but I used to be a somewhat regular in Aamantran (the restaurant he works at) when we felt like skipping work for a few hours on Wednesdays. He actually told me about the video maybe a year ago.

bamfer23

Apr 13, 2008
Brick, NJ
Indian guy, right?
That's Ravi, our second lead. Yeah, he actually owns that place, believe it or not.
Haha, small world though. I actually wrote you an email about your book today, right before coming over to these forums. Hell, I even joined YOUR forums today!