Another sad Easter

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
Over the years Easter hasn't been one of my favorite days. I don't know why, but different things upsettig always seem to occur on Easter. This year is no different. They say, death comes in threes, and once again it has proven true. Earlier this week I learned of two deaths of people I knew, but last night's phone call literally hit home.

Even though my book is finished, I am waiting the final publishing touches, and a chapter finally ends. The call came from her son. He told me of his mother's death and asked if I would attend the services. I felt sadden yet honored that he remembered me durning this time of his great lost. I mentioned that I had court this very same morning regarding my employment and the strickers. I promised my best to attend the service if the court allowed me. Mr. Walters response was that he would be reading the letter I had sent to his mother over a year ago. I didn't know what to say. I felt so humble and honored as he went into how his mother had influenced a little girls life so long ago, and was still remember almost fifty years later.

And so, when my book is finally available...you will read in more loving detail, just how precious a relstionship me and my Friendship bus driver had.

uh60chick

Scout
Jul 14, 2007
My mom told me about the death of Mrs. Walters today, and I learned of another loss earlier this week as well. Very sad...and I hope you will be able to attend the services.