Another Then & Now

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We revisited the location of the pet graves that we first visited back in 2004. It is nice to see that it appears very few people know about them and they are being left alone.

IMG_3647a.jpg

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Somewhat interesting that in what is truly a blink in time has provided these monuments with the feel of a thing from decades if not centuries ago.
Natures takes back, yet all the while gives character and substance, intrigue and wonder.
Hopefully if the process continues and left undisturbed, in another 15 or 20 or 50 years some young, or not so young wanderer may be fortunate enough to stand over them and marvel, what were they, who were they, why here, will they still be here the next time I come to call on them?
Cosmic puzzles and conundrums in a world that will surely not hurt for a few here and there by then.

Ironically the first thing that came to my mind was the Three Fates. Then of course, my brain wanders at times.

Thanks for sharing Guy.

g

Reactions: Teegate and Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
As always George, I love your writing.

We took special precautions to avoid the snow as much as possible walking to them so nobody could follow our route.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Any historical info on those graves? Date put in? Who put them there?> Were they dogs?
I have no idea.

I learned of them the week I was there in 2004. A man was geocaching and was cutting across the woods to another location and stumbled on them. He posted a geocache and someone I know saw it minutes later and wrote him and asked him to take it down. The man complied but later was not happy that he was asked and complained about it. In the end he did not repost saving the graves from the same fate as many other thing that geocaching was causing back then. The man I know was not against geocaching, just was not happy with what was happening with people digging into the walls of ruins and other things. Most were good people, some were not.