Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
this winter may frequently be very white :D

Extremes10509.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I'll pass on the snow. It gets old quick.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
If it is going to be as cold as last winter, there might as well be alot of white stuff to go with it.

Was it cold last winter? I remember a brief cold period very late in the season, but there were days when it got near 70 as late as February.

Meanwhile, the government just released their winter heating report which forecasts a warmer winter: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aPK_s2g0zrZI

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration expects this winter to be 1 percent warmer than last winter and 1 percent warmer than the 30-year average.

Nov 8, 2007
I for one despise winter, and snow I love the pines in the summer... nothing like it, I say give us the winter of 2005 again, for those that remember it was well above avg.

But since it really doesnt snow here very much at all (it rains in winter more often than it snows at least in south jersey anyway) I guess I can let yall snow lovers have a bone this year.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Jes curious. I can understand why you would like the snow but why are you excited about a below avg winter. Do you like being cold?

I prefer cooler rather than warmer. The weather we have been having, and will have thru the weekend, is perfect for me, could take it year 'round.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Winter rules! :dance:

I am moving to a white/gray zone in southwestern MI. I may be good and sick of snow by March but I don't think so. The snow is a plus as far as the move is concerned.