Another winter forecast says....

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Over the course of the past few years, I would laugh when people said we had a cold winter. Perhaps we had a spell here and there, but not cold winters. I know, I was outside in them working every day. I can remember playing hockey on the ponds when I was in high school around Christmas, I don't think that same ponds have frozen over solid enough to skate on in twenty years. Of course thanks to the threat of lawsuits and safety issues, skating is not permitted anymore. :bang:

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
Hiked in the snow for about an hour yesterday in West VA. up at Dolly Sods. Great day, went from cold to sleet, to snow, then rain. Fall is over up there two weeks early, the colors were well past peak. I am really looking forward to colder winters, looks like they may be coming.

Nov 8, 2007
Since I am biased towards a warmer winter I am choosing to pay attention more to the NOAA's forecast which says that we have an equal chance of above avg, normal, and below avg. Id tend to believe the National weather people before Accuweather anyway....

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
White weather and the chill of winter is all cute and nostalgic.
It's so invigorating and full of the life we so love in this region, that changing of seasons, the coming and going of life. That thought of trouncing through the snow, putting your hand in the whiteness, drawing in the wood for the fire like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting. A walk with the dog or a short hunt in the cold morning hours waiting for that Buck or that duck to come about and be dinner. The glitter and glint of the lights of man on the snow peaked houses and trees like that of a Kincade masterpiece. Winter, so cold, and so welcome, a time for families to drift cozy into warm beds after a day's fun in the outdoors. Old men recall harsher winters and and in a melancholy fashion scold the young with their tales of hard winters of old.
A walk on a frozen beach, a look at a frozen meadow. Beyond compare.
So many wondrous bits of essence, so much of nature's art lie before us in the thing that is winter, the white, the cold, the stillness. Beyond compare.

Screw all that crap. My fuel bills suck! Shove Jersey winters up the old bunghole for all I care.

g.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
88992785.jpg

:dance::dance::dance:

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It's so invigorating and full of the life we so love in this region, that changing of seasons, the coming and going of life. That thought of trouncing through the snow, putting your hand in the whiteness, drawing in the wood for the fire like something out of a Norman Rockwell painting. A walk with the dog or a short hunt in the cold morning hours waiting for that Buck or that duck to come about and be dinner. The glitter and glint of the lights of man on the snow peaked houses and trees like that of a Kincade masterpiece. Winter, so cold, and so welcome, a time for families to drift cozy into warm beds after a day's fun in the outdoors. Old men recall harsher winters and and in a melancholy fashion scold the young with their tales of hard winters of old.
So many wondrous bits of essence, so much of nature's art lie before us in the thing that is winter, the white, the cold, the stillness. Beyond compare.

Screw all that crap. My fuel bills suck! Shove Jersey winters up the old bunghole for all I care.

g.

Good post George!

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org

g.

clapping1.gif
clapping1.gif
clapping1.gif
clapping1.gif

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
No you sillyhead. :)

The map. I was referring to the map.

We found a great house and had our offer on it accepted yesterday. Unbelievable what you can get for your money in MI. I start my new job Feb 1 or 8th, I am not sure yet. I am hoping for the 8th, I have a lot of work to do for this move!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
We found a great house and had our offer on it accepted yesterday. Unbelievable what you can get for your money in MI.

Especially in Detroit.....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125390841258341665.html

The median selling price for a home stood at a paltry $7,100 as of July, according to First American CoreLogic Inc., a real-estate research firm -- down from $73,000 three years earlier. A typical house in Cleveland sells for $65,000. One in St. Louis goes for $120,000.

Best wishes for your new job and home Sue. We will miss you back here...

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
I still can't believe it. Nice Christmas present, eh? The bus doesn't come with the house, by the way.

Bob, I'm a research scientist for Pfizer animal health.

You know what, Boyd? Michigan isn't THAT cold. Comparable to New England. It snows practically every day in Dec-January though due to the lake effect. They say it sucks but the week I was there house hunting, I was loving the snow-globe effect. I might like it there. :)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Heh, I lived a few miles from Lake Ontario in upstate New York for nearly 20 years. Yes, it can be very beautiful, but now it's your turn to "enjoy" the lake effect snow. I've had enough for one lifetime already. :)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
No you sillyhead. :)

The map. I was referring to the map.

We found a great house and had our offer on it accepted yesterday. Unbelievable what you can get for your money in MI. I start my new job Feb 1 or 8th, I am not sure yet. I am hoping for the 8th, I have a lot of work to do for this move!

My nephew just moved from there to here, drove thru the blizzard to get here, 18 hrs. Prepare yourself, economic conditions are pretty bad out there.

I used to work for Merck, back when they had good management :rofl: