anybody Kayaked the Mullica lately??

T

TabernacleNative

Was wondering if anyone has been on the Mullica from Atsion, through the camp, and out to Pleasant Mills since the storms have abated a little. Yes, I know there were no reservations being accepted for the campsite, yes I know the water levels were high and fast. I'm wondering how badly and frequently the river is blocked by downed trees, debris, etc. We were out on the Wading this past weekend - from Hawkins to Evans it was clear, but from Evans to Bodine Field we had a few very challenging obstacles! Happy to say the only ones who got wet were the 3 Greenhorns we had with us!!

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
We kayaked from Plesant Mills to Crowleys yesterday. Fast water but not difficult. There were no blockages but lots of lawn furniture and pieces of docks. At Plesant Mills we met 4 canoers with 2 canoes that came from Atsion. They said there were 2 trees above the camp ground and another 2 after that they had to climb over.

P1020400s.JPG

Canoe_Junkie

Nov 20, 2009
Tabernacle
There's no more brush/sweepers/strainers or log jams than usual.
Also the sand roads between Atsion and Batsto are passable, contrary to what the folks at the office will tell you. I drove them in the dark on Friday night, in my wife's minivan no less, in search of some missing canoeists.