Anyone else have an uneasy feeling about the future?

Trailhead00

Explorer
Mar 9, 2005
Haddonfield, NJ
I know this is not Pine Barrens related so I apologize beforehand. I try to keep up with what is going on the in world and I'm starting to get a litle scared. I believe we are on a collision course with Iran in the near future then Iran will be provoked into attacking Israel, then who knows what. Russia is starting to act like Cold War Russia and China is booming. The real problem that will hurt us the most is our money, the dollar, is worth less and less. The housing market collapse and a pending recession is all very bad news. The Euro keeps going up and countries keep investing in the Euro and dropping the Dollar. If other countries stop investing in the US we can't pay our debts and we have quite a debt racked up. I am no economics major by any stretch, these are just my observations. These are scary times, very scary times.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yeah, those are all serious concerns but what's a person to do? Funny, just yesterday I sold some stocks and bought gold (GLD). Today I'm pretty happy since it's up about 2% due to dollar worries. The number of analysts predicting a recession seems to be growing but I haven't formed an opinion of my own yet. Wish I had a better crystal ball...

China is a major long-term worry IMO. If they ever get their act together then watch out... there are a lot of people over there and we're becoming more and more dependent on them for manufacturing.

wolfspider05

Explorer
Nov 12, 2004
Riverside Nj
I know this is not Pine Barrens related so I apologize beforehand. I try to keep up with what is going on the in world and I'm starting to get a litle scared. I believe we are on a collision course with Iran in the near future then Iran will be provoked into attacking Israel, then who knows what. Russia is starting to act like Cold War Russia and China is booming. The real problem that will hurt us the most is our money, the dollar, is worth less and less. The housing market collapse and a pending recession is all very bad news. The Euro keeps going up and countries keep investing in the Euro and dropping the Dollar. If other countries stop investing in the US we can't pay our debts and we have quite a debt racked up. I am no economics major by any stretch, these are just my observations. These are scary times, very scary times.

I agree 100% with you, scary times indeed. I dont know what else to say about it, I could go on talking about it forever.