Anyone got any stories?

JasonBreen

Sep 14, 2013
Toms River
I'm doing a term paper and documentary for my college class, on the stories and folklore of the Pine Barrens, and any stories to investigate would be great!

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I never say never. I'm a practical, sober (well, usually) guy, but I would never say the devil is a farce. I am in the pines too much to discredit the story. I try to keep on his good side and I definitely respect his legend. And, I might add, I think he both respects me and protects me.

JasonBreen

Sep 14, 2013
Toms River
I never say never. I'm a practical, sober (well, usually) guy, but I would never say the devil is a farce. I am in the pines too much to discredit the story. I try to keep on his good side and I definitely respect his legend. And, I might add, I think he both respects me and protects me.
I gotta agree with you there. As long as you stay on his good side, he'll be nice.

Oct 14, 2009
Little Egg Harbor
A little late, but.....my Piney friend who grew up in Port (Piney talk for Port Republic...close to where Mrs. Leeds lived)....told me a story from about 15 years ago. Growing up in Port, she knew exactly where the Leeds house was and everyone usually just stayed away from there. One night, she ventured there with her husband. They pick up a few bricks from the remnants of the old house and walked home. They left the bricks lying next to their backdoor. When they woke up the next morning...the bricks were gone! She swore they were returned to the Leed's house, as they went and checked and saw them there!
(Disclaimer: these were some deep, deep Pineys. The kind who don't wear shoes or know what size shoes or clothes they wear. They go to the closest food store and hate shopping, they may not have food, but they ALWAYS have beer! It might have been the beer talking, it might have been The Jersey Devil.....you decide!)