Anyone have a video camera or tape recorder?

rblanda

Explorer
Feb 6, 2003
Winslow, NJ
www.eblanda.com
Im looking for a volunteer. There is a young gentleman that works in the fire tower at Apple Pie Hill. I would love a simple interview with him regarding the fires, what he does, etc.

He seemed pretty knowledgable, and would love to have video of him or a tape recording. Anyone interested in submitting that to me?

He liked to talk... and I think we can all benefit from what he's been through. He had some interesting things to say, but I didnt have the camera(s) with me.

Thanks!

Robert Blanda
Owner
Pine Barrens Enthusiasts
info@eblanda.com
www.eblanda.com

BarryC

Explorer
Dec 31, 1969
members.tripod.com
Sounds like a great idea. But I don't have a camcorder or anything to make such a recording. I once spent time in the Batsto tower with a young kid who happened to be the son of a former co-worker from when I worked at Atsion in 1985 and 86. The guys that man the towers like visitors because it's so lonely up there. The Batsto tower is 100 feet tall. I believe Apple Pie Tower is only 60. (The further off the ground, the more lonely?) Ha ha.
I've been told that those 2 towers offer the best views in the Pine Barrens. I've been to the top of Apple Pie also. You can see the tall buildings of Philadlephia if you look hard enough.

PBE_annie

Dec 31, 1969
schutzstaffel.co.uk
I have a video camera. It's a Panasonic VHS-C. If you want you can get in touch with me if you haven't found someone already. My email address is on my profile and my AOL Screen name is Verukkah. I'd be interested in this, and if you want to be nice you can let me in on what it's all about. I haven't heard much about Apple Pie Hill and I don't exactly know where it is either, but I'm pretty flexible.