Anyone have access to a large format flatbed scanner E-size

JIMBO

Scout
Mar 31, 2003
Nugentown NJ
My father-in-law gave me an old fire tower map yesterday if I can come up with a way to scan it would be a neat addition to the map galleries. It is mounted / pasted on a board so it will not go through the large roll scanner at work. It covers from Tuckerton to Millstone Twp and west to the Delaware River. It has the bearing rings for the towers and you can see where they were removed when towers were closed or moved.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
What year do you think it was made?

You can go to Kinkos and for $6 you can scan it yourself in B&W. Color is about $40. I had copies of some large maps done there and it was quite easy even though someone else did it while I watched.

I would be interested in seeing that.

Guy

JIMBO

Scout
Mar 31, 2003
Nugentown NJ
Its 48†x 36†one base map is 1950 and one is 1970 using USGS maps but at 1†= 1 mile the two maps cover most of the pine barrens. As for Kinko’s I will check but a flatbed that size is not very common. I mite try and scan it with my little flat bed by taking the cover off and laying the scanner down on the map.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Actually, it is a copier at Kinko's we used, so I was in error. That doesn't help you much.

Guy