anyone know about.....

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Well,I have always held an intrest in them since I was littlke and have always thought it would be neat to live there on the private lake, ell my time has come. Just recently a house has popped up for rent and I'm goingto try to get it. Iwas curious if it was a rentalcommunity? (all posted signs are signed by "metch corp") Doesanyone knosw anyonewho lives there? How old are the houses?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It appears they were not there in 1940, but the 1956 aerial shows dwellings of some sort. They may not be the same homes but then again they may be. I have a few property stones to look for in that area so I may be around there soon.

Guy

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Thanks guy. I reaolly hope to get there. I recall being very, very young and wanting my parents to move into one of them houses, I really hope I get in there, there is someone in front of me but I'm thinking of offering a nice sum of cash as a non refundable to see if I can get in front.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I know I am catching hind teet on this one and actually do know a tad abount those homes by simple geography but...
Did you actually write that last seriously to Guy or was it some sort of jest?

G.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
It sure doesn't look nice now but I remember there was a spam posting in between mudboys last two posts and it must have been removed.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea, there were spam posts and Ben must have removed them. It makes Dave's post look bad, but he was just responding to them. No problem.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Dave,

These are the two lots owned by the Mechescatuxen Corporation.

I am not sure if the association owns the homes too or if it covers just the lake and woods. Over 90 acres between the two lots. The lots may be individually owned.
I can tell you first hand it is very difficult to try and sneak a few casts in from Burnt Mill without incurring some wrath.
:)
I can let you know for certain on Monday when I am back in the office.
Scott

Attachments

• meches.jpg
    meches.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 255

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Dave,
The lots around the lake containing the homes are small and appear to be owned individually, according to tax records.
The Mechescatuxen Association owns the lake. I assume all residents have to pay into the association, especially since the lots don't front the road but float within the larger association property.
Her is a tax map.
Enjoy.
Scott

Attachments

• arrow.jpg
    arrow.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 215

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The state owns everything outside the red area.

state.jpg

Guy

terry simpson

Jan 17, 2012
Better late than never......The houses are privately owned and the owners jointly own the lake, as was mentioned above. Currently only one house is rented. Recently another one was sold, but no plans in forseeable future for the others to be sold. And yes, they are very strict about who can fish there. You have to check in with one of the owners to get permission before you can fish or go out on the lake.