Anyone ride a Dual-Sport or Adv. Tourer?

DR_Rider_N2brk

Dec 21, 2004
Cherry Hill, NJ
Hello -

I've been reading a ton of posts since my recent joining of this site. What a great site!

4 of us are getting together to ride off-road on Thursday, and I wondered if anyone here cares to join for the day? We are going to set a very relaxed pace and sightsee a little. We're leaving from the Carranza Memorial at about 10am, and going to Hampton Furnace. Then we're going to Bear Swamp Hill. We plan on having lunch at Lucilles in Warren Grove next. Then, we're going to cross Dukes Bridge and pop out onto the streets and make our way up Apple Pie Hill. After that we'll end back where we began at the monument.

Drop me an email if you have time off and feel like playing.

Wal

P.S. We ride LEGAL bikes and we don't raise a lot of attention. We are also kind to the folks on horses near the Monument. If you're looking to roost, race, compete, ride a non-plated/insured bike, etc. ... then please don't bother replying. WKS

DR_Rider_N2brk

Dec 21, 2004
Cherry Hill, NJ
hmm... that could be a drawback to a good time ;) I mapped this one out to use actual fire roads, so a small 4x4 should be able to go. In fact, I mentioned it to my Dad and he wants to try to follow in his Explorer as much as he can.

Y'knot try?

Wal
photo-3.jpg

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I've done a great deal of riding in the pines, actually, a tremedous amount. I've logged on thousands of miles of motorcycling in the pine barrens. I'm glad to hear from others out there who enjoy this recreation and are responsible riders. I too am registered, insured, and inspected. I've gone to great lengths to make some of my bikes legal, as not all of them were street legal stock.

How long have you been riding in the barrens?

Exploring the pine barrens on a motorcycle has got to be one of the best experiences in the world. I love it. I would like to join you on Thursday but have prior plans. Have fun!

Jeff

DR_Rider_N2brk

Dec 21, 2004
Cherry Hill, NJ
great to hear from you. I have been riding dirt for about 2.5 years. I was just a street rider before that. I've done about 5,000mi in dirt during this time, and I LOVE riding out in the Pines!

We usually ride on the weekends together, so drop me a line when you have a fee weekend.

Of course my street riding time has been suffering lately, heehe.

Wal