Anyone watching Ken Burn's America's National Parks?

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
I missed some, but got to catch a bit.. great stuff. Its on PBS if anyone is interested. I was lucky enough to spend 6 weeks on the road last summer and visit many of these parks. Well worth the time spent on the road.

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
I've been able to watch some of the many hours on this series, between the Eagles and the Phillies. I know that they will repeat the series. Over the years, in traveling across this great country, I have been lucky enough to have visited most of the parks. Sometimes we take things for granted but seeing these wonderful sites in person humbles you.

Its on every night this week at 8 PM with a replay at 10 PM.

I missed some, but got to catch a bit.. great stuff. Its on PBS if anyone is interested. I was lucky enough to spend 6 weeks on the road last summer and visit many of these parks. Well worth the time spent on the road.

Lucky. That's my plan for next summer. If I can put aside $350 a month (so far, so good) for travel expenses and paying three months worth of rent, I'm there.

DeepXplor

Explorer
Nov 5, 2008
Jersey Shore
It's interesting, but it's dripping with tree-hugger aging-hipster free-to-be-you-and-me viewpoints crowding out everything else. Other than the bias I think it's great, especially the film work and careful historical accuracy.

There is no question about Ken Burns being a liberal. All his work so far clearly displays that trait, especially the film on Baseball. I try to look past that because there is some good content, but he won't take the place of me watching the Eagles or Phillies.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
I really didn't care about Ken Burn's politics, just his documentary making abilities. I think he is one of the best I have ever seen. The National Parks series is great. I especially loved the beginning stories of the first people besides the indians to try to explain the wonders of these areas.

PINEY MIKE

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
Bamber Lake
It's interesting, but it's dripping with tree-hugger aging-hipster free-to-be-you-and-me viewpoints crowding out everything else. Other than the bias I think it's great, especially the film work and careful historical accuracy.

Good thing for them dang tree huggers!! I liked how the Grateful Dead were on the background music.

Good thing for them dang tree huggers!! I liked how the Grateful Dead were on the background music.
Well man your borders, and don't let 'em in, because here out west the so-called "environmentalists" are elitists who don't hunt, fish, hike or camp, off-road or enjoy the land, just work to limit, close, regulate, impose, and prohibit just about every activity that people used to enjoy responsibly. My campsites and ranges have been red-flagged, closed, razed, gated, and just to park I have to show a $5 day pass for land that I already "own".
Now my water rates are up 30% to protect a tiny smelt and soon you too will pay a lot more for the fruit and vegetalbes, nuts and other products that previously were grown in our CA inland valley agricultural counties that are now bone dry as a result. I've hauled out bags of trash left behind by The Girl Scouts in Wading River, so don't get me started! :ninja: It's enough to make a Piney choke up to watch happening.