Apple unveils new computers

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Apple's pulled something fresh from the oven.
Apple CEO Tim Cook and other senior executives took to the stage in California Monday at the company's annual Worldwide Developer Conference, where they revealed a new line of MacBook Airs, a completely redesigned Mac Pro computer and changes to the code that powers the company's computers at an annual conference for software developers.
The highlight of the show was a new Mac Pro computer, a dark bullet of a desktop computer that for all the world resembled Darth Vader's helmet more than the standard beige box.
But first on the agenda was something of a surprise.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I guess I don't remember what Darth Vader's helmet looked like....

2013_mac_pro.jpg

Early user reaction is lukewarm at best. One person said it looks like a wastebasket. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593222

Others are upset that the only change to the MacBook Air is a new processor.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1593212

Not enough there to make me want to upgrade my year and a half old MacBook Air, although they would be a nice choice for somebody who doesn't already have one. Should be fast and have great battery life.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
And most likely forced by the Samsung/Apple ongoing brouhaha. Those 2 sure don't know how to share a sandbox :D Apple stock is down.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I guess they are into cylinders these days. This is the new headquarters they're building in California.

What's with all this circle stuff. My last employers HQ, although it is more hexagon than circle. The ideas did go around in circles though :D And that guy Cook looks amazingly like Jobs, just needs a scrubby beard. Even wears the same styl clothes. Freaky

MerckHQ-cropped.png

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Steve Jobs he ain't. He's a brilliant manager but lacks Jobs' vision and charisma. Many people are wondering how long he will last.

The address of Apple Headquarters has always been One Infinite Loop, so I guess that was a factor in the design (which people are calling the "Spaceship"). Before his death, Jobs spec'ed out the project calling for really expensive materials, such as walls with no visible seams, and they are having problems keeping the budget under control.